Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

Can't create or edit an event

10 years 3 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Andrew
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Hi,

I have been looking around on your Forum today and there are many more with this same issue:

Unsolved: www.jomsocial.com/forum/events/12067-can...e-after-updating-3-1

Unsolved: www.jomsocial.com/forum/events/11791-sol...an-t-create-an-event

Not really solved: www.jomsocial.com/forum/events/11867-sol...-date-start-date-end

and another: www.jomsocial.com/forum/events/12214-i-c...create-one-day-event

I have asked Joomlart about it as well.

I have to say it seems the "Submit" button issues are related to Javascript. Maybe you should do what many other extension providers are doing now, add your own Javascript which can be loaded or not (config setting), thereby getting rid of any potential issues with conflicts etc...

With regards to the Description not showing when editing.... That is very strange and also still unresolved.

I would really appreciate your help with this.

Thanks,

Andrew

10 years 3 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Andrew
  • Junior Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Update:

Just noticed that the "Logout" from JomSocial "Hello Me" Module is also not working.

see attached:

Attachments:
10 years 3 months ago
  • Chris
  • Visitor
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:

Hi Andrew.

About the your javascript suggestion, could you post it on our jomsocial suggestions group on community page > www.jomsocial.com/community

And about missing description field, it's really strange since everything seems to work just fine on our community page or my test, however I'm able to replicate this problem on our demo site. I'll consult this matter with our developers.

10 years 3 months ago
  • Arnaud
  • Visitor
Licenses:

hello Andrew,

yes i hadn't that problem before upgrading to v3.1 !!!
and still doesn't work. Did you find a solution ?

best regards

10 years 3 months ago
  • Chris
  • Visitor
Licenses:

HI Arnaud.

It seems to be a bug within our code(even that I'm not able to replicate it on our community page for instance...)

10 years 3 months ago
  • Arnaud
  • Visitor
Licenses:

hello Chris,

I sent you access to my test server in PM

best regards

10 years 3 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Andrew
  • Junior Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

GREAT!!!! Now that is exactly what I was trying to tell you Chris.

Message from Paul Smith:
"Thanks for getting back to me, I have immediately identified the error and it was a bug in 3.0.53, it was gone in 3.0.1 and has reappeared back in 3.1.01. There is a really quick workaround which I have done which is turn of reoccurring events and the issue immediately disappears."

Now I still have another issue which seems to go hand-in-hand with the Events Submit issue. The "Hello Me" Module "LOGOUT" does not work, I get exactly the same as I do with Event Submit.

This was also working perfectly fine prior to the last update (JS Update).

I would appreciate your urgent response.

Thanks,

Andrew

10 years 3 months ago
  • Paul
  • Visitor
Licenses:

Hello Andrew,

I have just sent you an email regarding this issue, could you please reply as per my email so we can resolve this for you

10 years 3 months ago
  • Paul
  • Visitor
Licenses:

Hi Andrew,

We will be releasing a hot fix for both of these issues early next week i will let you know once this is released.

@ Arnuad i understand that this is also an issue for you but we must keep 1 issue per post or it causes to much confusion. Please create a new support request so we can address your issues in your post.

Thank you

10 years 3 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Andrew
  • Junior Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Thanks Paul,

I do however have to raise my concerns about creating a new post on every occasion as a serious flaw and a trap that will only create bigger support issues, e.g:

"@ Arnuad i understand that this is also an issue for you but we must keep 1 issue per post or it causes to much confusion. Please create a new support request so we can address your issues in your post."

@ Arnaud has actually raised this issue before I did, see: www.jomsocial.com/forum/events/12685-urg...t-create-event#65597

I actually tried to ensure that your Team realizes that these calls were relating to the same issue by commenting and adding a link to my post on Arnaud's post.

This is a massive support service breakdown and a very weak point as it does seem like you will end up with multiple guys working on the same issues via different Forum Posts and they will all individually try and get to a fix or in our case shift to the reason of "It must be the template".

This has been my biggest concern and biggest difficulty with receiving support for the JS team.

Now, let's say that you could connect or ask clients to comment on existing posts... thereby ensuring that you get a group of clients together experiencing a similar issue, then one of your team can work with the community to try and get it resolved together. This should proof more helpful, more positive and will save your team time in resolving issues.

Apologies, but I do know that there is a better way to provide support where it will create customer confidence and service excellence whilst saving your team and the clients valuable time.

At the end of the day, this is a Forum and not a Ticket system! Maybe you should consider a Ticket system or a system where similar issues can be highlighted and looked at collectively.

I am a bit confused as to where we at with my issues, do you still need Development area access with regards to our site?

Thanks,

Andrew

10 years 3 months ago
  • Paul
  • Visitor
Licenses:

Hi Andrew,

You raise some valid points and i will try to answer them in the same order you have in your last post.

Because this is a forum and not a ticket system there is the opportunity for other people to contribute to and issue, while this is great and potentially saves us time if another customer know the answer. It also has the potential to cause lots of confusion. The example of this is me asking you for the details of your test server when i fact it was Arnuad that gave his details to Chris. i looked thought this post and inadvertently asked you for them.

Even though this is a forum, behind the scenes we have been adding tracking features and powerful ways to make sure nothing is missed or not dealt with. I agree this has not been the case in this thread, but we are making large amounts of progress very fast, so threads like this just wont happen in the future.

Even though there maybe 10 threads all with the same problem, we use bug tracking and reporting tools that ensures that 10 separate posts are not dealt with as 10 separate bugs, unless they are. The reason your description editor is not showing up may not be the same reason as the same problem on another site. For example i can replicate this issue on one of my sites and your site but not of 20 other sites, it is visible in only 1 event on our own site and not in any others. Templates, components and many other things come into play and i agree saying its your issue is not a solution and that is what we are changing.

As much as i would like to say it is all done, it is work in progress and comments like yours are appreciated. Your feedback is important to us and i hope the next time you need to post something your experience is totally different.

To the best of my knowledge your issue, this post will be fixed by the hotfix we will be releasing early next week, Once this is out we will be notifying the posts that are having similar issues and monitoring them to make sure it has fixed it. If it hasn't been fixed for you then we can deal with that should it arise, as far as all the other post go we will be dealing with them the same.

I hope this clears everything up for you and early next week your site should be the same

10 years 3 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Andrew
  • Junior Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Thanks Paul...

but how do you explain the comments by Dimas on this thread:

www.jomsocial.com/forum/events/12685-urgent-can-t-create-event

and your earlier response:

@ Arnuad i understand that this is also an issue for you but we must keep 1 issue per post or it causes to much confusion. Please create a new support request so we can address your issues in your post.

@Arnaud already had created a post before mine. It was getting nowhere as the techs were all blaming it on a Template issue.

Anyway this, as I said before, has not been the first and only time. This has been ongoing now for more than 6 months, multiple answers and inputs by various of your techs always like the guys are not communicating as a team or tracking anything in the back.

I really look forward to some urgent improvements otherwise me, like many others, will move to another solutions... such as EasySocial other...

Thanks and I do appreciate your efforts.

10 years 3 months ago
  • Paul
  • Visitor
Licenses:

Hi Andrew,

Can you please edit your original post and add ftp details, we need to compare some files on your site with our current release.

10 years 3 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Andrew
  • Junior Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

done. pls read my notes added there as well.

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński