Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

Urgent ! Can't create event

10 years 3 months ago
  • Dimas Tekad Santosa
  • Visitor
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:

Hi Andrew,

well, I think Paul already raised this issue to the developer, which I dont know about , and maybe this issue is different with issue from version 3.1.0 (what I have reported before).

so let we wait the hotfix from the developer then.

thank you

10 years 3 months ago
  • Dimas Tekad Santosa
  • Visitor
Licenses:

And anyway I re-test again the Arnaud's issue regarding cant create event, and seems working fine for me.

10 years 3 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Arnaud
  • Visitor
Licenses:

for what I've seen until now i can create an event but I've asked to my template developer and told me that what is causing problems is IJOOMLS ADAgency, the same company as jomsocial !!!!

And bizarely i use tons of extensions and i always got problems with jomsocial / Ijoomla

Yootheme in there support page says TO ALL DEVELOPPERS TO USE :
// load jQuery, if not loaded before
if (!JFactory::getApplication()->get('jquery')) {
JFactory::getApplication()->set('jquery', true);
// add jQuery
}

Anyway, i always didn't find all problems because before i was using JTicketing in event page and and can't use rotation for Ijoomla Adagency for the moment but at lest i can add an event.

But when i modify it, then the description field disappears !!!

10 years 3 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Arnaud
  • Visitor
Licenses:

and i always don't understand why jomsocial is using a special jquery from v1.8.1 even in v3.1 and the last version of jquery is v1.10 !!

10 years 3 months ago
  • Dimas Tekad Santosa
  • Visitor
Licenses:

Hi Arnaund,

#1 I already reported this to agency developer
#2 we havent updated it, if we updated this, we afraid it will get bad effect to our current Jomsocial javascript functions, but we will update it then.

10 years 3 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Well, my post has been closed and left unresolved!

However I have our dev environment still running without any issues (as we currently having in 3.1.0.1) on the previous JomSocial version 3.1.0. Everything works, Events as well as Logout functionality on Hello Me Module. So no JavaScript issues!

Why is it that on our live site running JomSocial 3.1.0.1, we ARE experiencing the JavaScript issues?

see screenshot

Attachments:
10 years 3 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

@Arnaud

Can you try the following:

In JomSocial Event Settings, disable Recurring Events option.

Then try and see if you still get issues?

I have just tested on our DEV environment and in 3.1.0 it was an issue as well as in 3.1.0.1

10 years 3 months ago
  • Dimas Tekad Santosa
  • Visitor
Licenses:

Hi Andrew Gous,

What is your topic URL? so we can recheck again, because we already found what the the Arnuad coming from, and seems that is different with your issue Andrew.

10 years 3 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Since my original post has been locked without being resolved: www.jomsocial.com/forum/events/12755-can...ate-or-edit-an-event

Can you tell me when the HOTFIX (Events issues) will be available as per the comments in the post?

Thanks,

Andrew

Okay, I have just tried loading Javascript using another plugin and it seems to have resolved the issues.

I do believe that there is some JavaScript loading issues with JomSocial 3.1.0.1 and I would definitely recommend that you move forward from jQuery 1.8.1 to a later version, as well as provide the option in the JomSocial backend to Load jQuery or not. This should be similar to jReviews, JFBConnect etc.

I have tested this now on our DEV environment running JomSocial 3.1.0 as well as our LIVE environment running 3.1.0.1.

10 years 3 months ago
  • Dimas Tekad Santosa
  • Visitor
Licenses:

it sounds very good for me.. thank you for your information..

10 years 2 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Arnaud
  • Visitor
Licenses:

I can now create an event !

I've found that wonderful extension : nswd.co/extensions/free/nsfuckjs
Seems better that JQueryEasy !

But always got an error when editing then the event :

Uncaught SyntaxError: Unexpected token ILLEGAL index.php?option=com_community&view=events&task=edit&eventid=865&Itemid=2475&lang=fr:971

10 years 2 months ago
  • Dimas Tekad Santosa
  • Visitor
Licenses:

Glad to know that.. for edit event have you apply the patch with version 3.1.0.2? or check this maybe it will help www.jomsocial.com/forum/events/11985-edi...doesn-t-appear#62037

10 years 2 weeks ago
Licenses:

Hi There,

Because this thread no respond for a long time. I assume has been resolved if not, you can respond this thread any times.

Regards,
Albert

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński