Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

Profiles not loading for non-logged users

8 years 1 month ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

ISSUE SUMMARY:
Profiles are not loading for unauth users, only for logged in users, without returning any message that users don't have the right permission

STEPS TO REPLICATE:
1 Access www.brejas.com.br/perfil/ricardo-sangion when logged in, loads normally
2 Access www.brejas.com.br/perfil/ricardo-sangion when not logged, it won't load

RESULT
EXPECTED RESULT
BROWSER

8 years 1 month ago
  • Dimas
  • Visitor
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:

Hi,

Can you contact your hosting provider to debug it please? if you get the error detail, please let me know.

thank you!

8 years 1 month ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

I'm not seeing any errors on my logs
Why would it be a server problem if logged in users can see it normally?

8 years 1 month ago
  • Dimas
  • Visitor
Licenses:

I never faced this issue before, seems your Joomla 3rd party component execute the code for guest, and make this error appears.. actually the error is timeout, but i need to know from which code is it... usually the sys-admin can investigate this easily

8 years 1 month ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Could you tell me where to look at? Or what we are looking for, a php or a sql timeout?

I am on a self managed environment.

8 years 1 month ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

I've already tried everything I could.
- Changed template
- changed the menu
- renamed the alias of the menu
- removed all plugins from the profile
- removed the toolbar
- removed all other modules from that page

I looked at all logs and I can't find anything related to an error 500.
If you have new ideas on how to debug it, please let me know as I need to fix this problem quickly.

8 years 1 month ago
  • Dimas
  • Visitor
Licenses:

Hi,

on my old WHM I can see the menu for checking the access log, which code is running right now. but I am not sure this feature available or not on your server. Beside that you can see the debug via command line, but well I am not really familiar with server issue.

I know you are the guy who control your server, but have you contact to your hosting provider? maybe they can help you.

thank you

8 years 1 month ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Hi Dimas, they already told me they can't.
Isn't there any type of debug you can do on you code do see that can be causing the problem?
We are on very different timezones and I can't go on with a 24 loop on this case

8 years 1 month ago
  • Dimas
  • Visitor
Licenses:

I will try another method to debug this, i will let you know once i get the clue

8 years 1 month ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

thanks!
It might be related to PHP, since when I activate the menu for Public, my CPU usage goes high and well as the PHP transaction time, look at the attached

Attachments:
8 years 1 month ago
  • Dimas
  • Visitor
Licenses:

Hi,

Please try this
- disable htaccess setting
- check your menus, your menus is too much so I cant check it one bye one, please you make sure you only have 1 menu profile and set it to registered or public

thank you!

8 years 1 month ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

I've done all that I can to debug this issue.
Now cache is off, URL rewrite is off.
I can't reduce the number of menus I have since they are all needed.
Many of them are just shortcuts to already existing menu items, not duplicated menus.

What I never was able to make work was to have the right menu ID on the profile link.
JomSocial is always getting some other menu item ID.

However, I don't think that the problem is related to the menu structure, but I could be wrong.
Why do you think it has to do with the menu structure?

thanks

8 years 1 month ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

I noticed that my JomSocial menus are shown as "Notification" type
Is this expected?

Attachments:
8 years 1 month ago
  • Dimas
  • Visitor
Licenses:

yeah, that is joomla issue.. but the link is fine, so this is not a problem since the only will safe the link.

I tried to disabled the SEF, and access this URL www.brejas.com.br/perfil/ricardo-sangion but the link is no be redircted to the home page, that is not Joomla / Jomsocial behavior, the Joomla / Jomsoical behavior is if you disabled the SEF setting and you access the SEF URL the link should be redirect to home page or show page not found.

My another question is, did you modify the htaccess file before? if yes, please try to revert it to original version.

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński