Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

Multiple select field: increase width and height

9 years 1 day ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Hi,
Last time you assisted me to increase multiple select field width by changing code. But it only worked at registration page. I would like to increase the height of the field as I have a lot of elements. In addition, the width of that field did not change in other pages like profile page and advanced search. I would like to increase width to view all information. Please which code shall I change to inscrease it in all pages? See issue in file attached.

Thanks

9 years 1 day ago
  • Dimas
  • Visitor
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:

HI Josee,

I am sorry, in which page? I mean please provide another information with the screenshoot what do you want

thank you

9 years 1 day ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. Multiple select are on registration page, this is where I have cange width of the field and would like to change add height. On Profile page or frontpage or when someone uses search functiuon, multiple select field width is not large enough to show all information and I would also like to increase height.

Regards

8 years 11 months ago
  • Dimas
  • Visitor
Licenses:

Hi Josee,

Where is the screenshoot? I need it for additonal help to solve your issue faster

thank you

8 years 11 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Hi,

Please screenshot is attached.

Screeanshot 1: At the registration page, I have multiple select field at professional backgruond group. I changed code for the boxes to be large as in the image 1 attached. Now I would like to add height so that the user does not need to scroll so much down to see all options.

Screenshot 2: At the profile page and advanced search, the multiple select fields are not large enough and not long enough. I would like the multiple select field to be large in all pages like the the registration page (see screenshot 1) and long in all pages.

8 years 11 months ago
  • Dimas
  • Visitor
Licenses:

Hi Josee,

I am sorry, but where is the screenshoot? i dont see it here..

8 years 11 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Hi,

I do not understand how you do not see screenshot. Do you open attachement and can't see screenshot or are you unable to see attachement? I have added and inserted a word file and it gives a shortcode ().
Here attached again.
If you cannot open file again, simply click on sakss.iita-projects.org/index.php/2015-04-18-07-29-05
there is a search module and if search something then go to advance search, criteria training or research experience or any criteria on professional background group, you will see that mutltiple select is not large and long enough.

Thanks

8 years 11 months ago
  • Dimas
  • Visitor
Licenses:

Hi Josee,

Do you mean design width for this page ?

this is as desiged, we will imporve it in next version.

thank you

Attachments:
8 years 11 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Hi,

I am very sorry you do not seem to undertand my issue, it does not have to do with the width and the design of the page. Your colleague "Moderator Michal" has explained to me how to increase the width of multiple select field in the registration page and it worked after I changed the code following his instructions. I do not believe it is something for the next version. Please can you let him handle this forum topic? What is the best way? Shall I close it and open it again or escalate it to supervisor or can Michal continue answering the topic?
I am confident that there might be other files and codes to change, I just do not know which one but I successfully changed the width of multiple select in the registration page, but the change did not occur in other pages such as profile or search.

Thank you for your understanding,

8 years 11 months ago
Licenses:

Hi, Josee.

I'm here and I'll be happy to help you :) Please, could you remind me your previous issue and my solution by pasting URL to your thread?

To speed up our support I'll try without it:

1. Profile page:

Just add this code:

#joms-profile--information #field17, #joms-profile--information #field18, #joms-profile--information #field19 {
height: 300px;
}

To ROOT/templates/sakss/css/custom.css

2. This may be rather hard as multiple select use generic id.... but try this code:
#criteriaContainer select[multiple] {
height: 300px;
}

In both cases, just replace height value to fit your needs. Please, let me know if this works for you.

- Instead of saying: 'it's not working', explain the problem in detail.
- Screenshots with the URL visible in them and the problem marked are more than welcome.
- Tell us how to replicate the problem, we can't fix it if we can't find it.
- Make sure that your site/server meets JomSocial System Requirements
- Make sure to setup JomSocial Cron Job
- Always provide us with access details to the backend and ftp. We need it to debug problems.
- If you have a similar problem, but a solution you found isn't working, open a new thread instead of 'merging' with an existing one.

- Use the "Thank You" feature on any post that helped you
8 years 11 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Dear Michal,

Thanks a lot for your help. The link fo my old thread is www.jomsocial.com/forum/profile-universa...select-field-options
Actually it is Moderator Albertus who solved it, sorry for that and for confusing. He asked me to edit /components/com_community/libraries/fields/select.php
The css code you sent only increased the height of multiple select field at search and profile page and not at registration page. I also added width:100% or 500px to increase the width of the box and it did not work.
Now we need fix the width of multiple select in search at the frontpage, profile page or simple give 100% in the whole website.
At registration page I added my own css code to increase multiple select field height and it worked line by line. I would appreciate a general codeto set the height and width automatically.

select#field17.joms-select.joms-select--multiple{
height: 250px;
padding: 10px;
}

select#field18.joms-select.joms-select--multiple{
}
select#field19.joms-select.joms-select--multiple{
}

8 years 11 months ago
Licenses:

Hi, Josee.

But it works on Profile page: prntscr.com/795syq

And it also works on search page: prntscr.com/795tip

You can't set width as it already declared here:

ROOT/components/com_community/templates/jomsocial/assets/css/style.css line 176.

Just remove this: max-width: 250px;

Please, note that this is rather styling request and not a "fix" as nothing is broken here. You just request to hepl you change display of certain fields. And we provide a solution as courtesy because we don't support customizations. Please, read our Support Policy:

www.jomsocial.com/support

- Instead of saying: 'it's not working', explain the problem in detail.
- Screenshots with the URL visible in them and the problem marked are more than welcome.
- Tell us how to replicate the problem, we can't fix it if we can't find it.
- Make sure that your site/server meets JomSocial System Requirements
- Make sure to setup JomSocial Cron Job
- Always provide us with access details to the backend and ftp. We need it to debug problems.
- If you have a similar problem, but a solution you found isn't working, open a new thread instead of 'merging' with an existing one.

- Use the "Thank You" feature on any post that helped you
8 years 11 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Dear Michal,

Thanks for your assistance. Yes the height issue is solved. And I am very sorry to have bothered you with CSS issues, I will avoid it in the future. I thought the issue required other codes to be changed like in te width case below.
$html = '<select id="field'.$field->id.'" name="field' . $field->id . '"' . $dropDown . ' class="joms-select select'.$class.'" title="' . CStringHelper::escape( JText::_( $field->tips ) ). '" style="'.$this->getStyle().'" size="'.$this->params->get('size').'">';

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński