Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

Profile Avatar Cropping not work

9 years 3 months ago
Licenses:

Hi,

the fix included with this topic:
www.jomsocial.com/forum/profile-universa...owed?start=14#113822

Regards

9 years 3 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Albertus wrote: Hi,

the fix included with this topic:
www.jomsocial.com/forum/profile-universa...owed?start=14#113822

Regards

hi Albertus, i have added both files and tried again Upload and Avatar Cropping..but issue is not fixed! i have send you a screencast Video via PM

9 years 3 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

i have tested again with your files from here:
www.jomsocial.com/forum/profile-universa...owed?start=14#116698

/components/com_community/libraries/cron.php
/components/com_community/tables//profile.php

and with files from latest Dimas 3.2.1.6_test Build here:
www.jomsocial.com/forum/profile-universa...work?start=28#116730

/components/com_community/libraries/cron.php
/components/com_community/tables//profile.php
/components/com_community/templates/default/activities.groups.avatar.upload.php
/components/com_community/templates/default/activities.profile.avatar.upload.php

Result:

Bugs with Cropping and Remote Storage:
1. Avatar cropping only works direct after upload a new avatar.
2. Avatar cropping does not work after cronjob is running and Avatar are transfered to remote storage S3

iPad Air - Safari:
3.Avatar cropping can't be used in general on iPad with iOS8 because the resizer is not moveable

9 years 3 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

b.t.w why is my issue marked as "Fixed Bug"?

9 years 3 months ago
Licenses:

Hi Testcouch,

this issue not 100% fix, our developer need to make big changes related with S3.
if some avatars not transferred to s3, sometime will make problem and users need to re-upload the avatar again.

that files from our developer, for now only that fixes we can provide to you.

seem this topic duplicate with:

because the context is same.

Regards,

9 years 3 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Albertus wrote: this issue not 100% fix, our developer need to make big changes related with S3.

What do does it mean? Please explain it better!

Albertus wrote: if some avatars not transferred to s3, sometime will make problem and users need to re-upload the avatar again.

ok that might help for older Avatar, but if user re-uploaded and the avatar is after cron located in s3 Bucket. then the user get the same issue like before re-upload!

Albertus wrote: that files from our developer, for now only that fixes we can provide to you.

How many developer thit you have? only one?

Albertus wrote: seem this topic duplicate with:

because the context is same.

Regards,

i think it's not full duplicated with topic in your link, because it does also not work with re-uploaded Avatars!

Bugs for Avatar Cropping:

1. Avatar cropping only works direct after upload a new Avatar.
2. Avatar cropping does not work after cronjob was running and new Avatar are transfered/located in S3 Bucket

Bug for Avatar Cropping with iPad Air - Safari:
3.Avatar cropping can't be used in general on iPad with iOS8 because the resizer is not moveable

Can you confirm all these 3 Points?

9 years 3 months ago
Licenses:

Hi Testcouch,

S3 make some issues. so, developer will make some improvement at the code it self. this improvement need times.
here the latest code.

unzip it and put under [joomla root]/components/, dont forget to make backup first with [joomla root]/components/com_community
and clear joomla cache

about avatar issue:
1 & 2 both issue must be fixed already. try to create new user. if with existing users still get the issue, they must re-upload again. after that must be works.

3. jomsocial 3.2 still not support "touch", so this issue has been tackled at jomsocial 4.

Regards

9 years 3 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Albertus wrote: Hi Testcouch,

S3 make some issues. so, developer will make some improvement at the code it self. this improvement need times.
here the latest code.

unzip it and put under [joomla root]/components/, dont forget to make backup first with [joomla root]/components/com_community
and clear joomla cache

hi albertus, where is your latest code? can't see the zip file!

Albertus wrote: about avatar issue:
1 & 2 both issue must be fixed already. try to create new user. if with existing users still get the issue, they must re-upload again. after that must be works.

does cropping now also works if existing user re-upload..cron job was finished..and re-uploaded files are on s3 bucket?

Albertus wrote: 3. jomsocial 3.2 still not support "touch", so this issue has been tackled at jomsocial 4.

thanks for that info

9 years 3 months ago
Licenses:

Hi,

sorry, here the download link:
www.dropbox.com/s/hnb0nwxxo1e6kac/package.zip?dl=0

dont forget to make backup first before you replace it. unzip this file and upload it manually by using FTP

Regards

9 years 3 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Albertus wrote: Hi,

sorry, here the download link:
www.dropbox.com/s/hnb0nwxxo1e6kac/package.zip?dl=0

dont forget to make backup first before you replace it. unzip this file and upload it manually by using FTP

Regards

hi Albertus, i have compared your zip with 3.2.1.6_test from 04.02.2015 but there is no s3 related fix added!?

9 years 3 months ago
Licenses:

Hi Testcouch,

the fixed already there. I tried/tested at my test site. please try to create new user > skip avatar at last step, login and upload new avatar from profile page, try to crop it, execute cron job, after transfered to s3, try to crop avatar again. should no any issue anymore

9 years 3 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Albertus wrote: Hi Testcouch,

the fixed already there. I tried/tested at my test site. please try to create new user > skip avatar at last step, login and upload new avatar from profile page, try to crop it, execute cron job, after transfered to s3, try to crop avatar again. should no any issue anymore

hi Albertus, i tried your suggested steps. but unfortunately it does still not work after transfered to s3! cropping works only as long rhe avatar is located on server. i have send you a screencast video

9 years 3 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

hi Albertus, how is the progress with s3 cropping bug?

9 years 2 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

testcouch wrote: hi Albertus, how is the progress with s3 cropping bug?

again one week gone and no reply from support! also since 20days no bug fix activity twitter.com/jomsocialdev

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński