Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

Profile Avatar Cropping not work

9 years 3 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

hi, i have just seen that on my live site the avatar cropping not work if the User click in Profile on own avatar. he is able resize the cropping overlay (did also not work on iPad/IOS!) but after save the changes there is no avatar cropped and the window popup close without to reload the page.

tested with firefox on windows vista..get also in firebug a error message!

Attachments:
9 years 3 months ago
Licenses:

Hi Testcouch,

conflict somewhere with 3rd party extensions. can you installing Akeeba Backup:
www.akeebabackup.com/download.html

I need to download your site and make local copy for debugging purpose. deep debugging at live site too risky for me, can dammaging your site.

Regards

9 years 3 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

hi Albertus,

thanks for your help with 3rd party extension issue. i have just installed Akeeba Backup Core 4.1.1 (2015-01-11) and it's ready for Backup! please do not send the local copy to NSA, because they have already all Data! ;-)

9 years 3 months ago
Licenses:

Hi Testcouch,

now i'm downloading your site. I will back to you again with the result.

I promise not to give to the NSA :-)

Regards

9 years 3 months ago
Licenses:

Hi Testcouch,

until now i still cannot find where is the conflict come from. javascript conflict is too complex. I need more time for this.

Regards

9 years 3 months ago
Licenses:

Hi Testcouch,

something wrong with your .htaccess, at local copy after I revert that htaccess to joomla default. I can crop avatar normally.

Regards

9 years 3 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

hi Albertus, many thanks for your local test. what did you recommend now to find out wich part of htaccess cause this issue? Do jomsocial need direct access to a specific file or folder during cropping?

9 years 3 months ago
Licenses:

Hi Testcouch,

I tested again your live site, now I can crop my avatar without any issue. could you please make sure it again?

Regards

9 years 3 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

hi Albertus,

thanks for your screenshots, please remove both from your post! i also tested Avatar cropping with firefox and your test account but for me it's still not working for your just uploaded avatar!

but i tried a different scenario and send you a screencast video via PM!

Test with Firefox Result:
1. Avatar cropping only works direct after upload a new avatar.
2. Avatar cropping does not work after cronjob is running and Avatar are transfered to remote storage S3 (i have also reported a issue with avatar remote storage here ) www.jomsocial.com/forum/profile-universa...work?start=14#114574

Test with iPad Safari Result:
3.Avatar cropping can't be used in general on iPad with iOS8 because the resizer is not moveable

9 years 3 months ago
Licenses:

Hi Testcouch,

after deep investigation, I confirmed this is a bug. please wait for the fix.

sorry for this inconvenience

Regards

9 years 3 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

hi Albertus,

please post the Bug ID for 1. and 2. and also the Bug ID for 3. here in this post. it would be realy nice if this 2 Bugs can be fixed within one month from now on! ;-)

thanks for unterstanding

9 years 3 months ago
Licenses:

Hi Testcouch,

every topic with "confirmed bug" has been reported to developer and jomsocial bug report system.

Regards

9 years 3 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Albertus wrote: Hi Testcouch,

every topic with "confirmed bug" has been reported to developer and jomsocial bug report system.

Regards

hi Albertus, my issue is still not fixed with latest Jomsocial 3.2.1.6 Release!?

9 years 3 months ago
Licenses:

Hi,

this issue still not fixed yet at 3.2.1.6
out developer sill on it.

Regards

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński