Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

Remote Storage User Avatars not work

9 years 3 months ago
  • Dimas Tekad Santosa
  • Visitor
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:

Hi,

The newest Jomsocial version 3.2.1.6 just released, can you try to check again this issue, please? let me know how it goes then.

thank you

9 years 3 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Dimas Tekad Santosa wrote: Hi,

The newest Jomsocial version 3.2.1.6 just released, can you try to check again this issue, please? let me know how it goes then.

thank you

hi Dimas, i don't know what your dev fixed in latest build, but the issue with avatar storage is still there with newest Jomsocial 3.2.1.6!?

9 years 3 months ago
  • Paul
  • Visitor
Licenses:

Hi Testcouch,

This has been assigned to a developer to fix as a priority in his next shift. The developer that deals with Amazon bugs is in a different time zone so it may take 24hrs before i see the fix committed to our repo.

I can only apologise for how badly this has been dealt with. Prior to the release of 3.2.1.6 i specifically asked the team if the fix was in it and was told it was. clearly it wasn't

I will reply with the fix ASAP

9 years 3 months ago
  • Paul
  • Visitor
Licenses:

Hi Testcouch,

Just updating you that our developers have worked on a fix but it still need more testing. we will get you the fix as soon as we have it

9 years 3 months ago
  • Dimas Tekad Santosa
  • Visitor
Licenses:

Hi Testcouch,

I want to test this on your live site, is that ok? I will install the newest code on your site, but if you dont mind you setup your dev site as your live site configuration and as live site datas.

Please let me know if you done or Ok with that.

thank you

9 years 3 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Dimas Tekad Santosa wrote: Hi Testcouch,

I want to test this on your live site, is that ok? I will install the newest code on your site, but if you dont mind you setup your dev site as your live site configuration and as live site datas.

Please let me know if you done or Ok with that.

thank you

hi Dimas, please upload first the newest code here in this forum thread. i will decide then if you can test on livesite or not!

9 years 3 months ago
  • Dimas Tekad Santosa
  • Visitor
Licenses:

I sent it to your email.. please check

9 years 3 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Dimas Tekad Santosa wrote: I sent it to your email.. please check

hi Dimas, thanks for your latest 3.2.1.6_test!

i have tested your build and it seems for new registered User the Avatar is now transfered to Remote Storage.

1. but the stream_13f3462cfd4af055179b68b9.jpg for new User are still on my server!
2. Avatars wich are older then 3.2.1.6_test are also still on my server and not transfered to Remote Storage!

9 years 3 months ago
  • Dimas Tekad Santosa
  • Visitor
Licenses:

Hi,

Because that old avatar missing some thumbs, because the avatar files are missing.. eg. the original avatar is exist but thumb is not, so if we found this situation we wont transfer the avatar to S3. And will JUMP to another queue with the avatar files (original and thumbs) are exist.

And the problem is we dont know why your avatar files are missing.. maybe caused by cloudfront like you said before...

The code before this version "3.2.1.6_test!" the transfer was stuck, and we didnt use code to JUMP to another queue.

thank you

9 years 3 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

i'm little tired to explain and explain...

What did you suggest should i do with all these not transfered old Avatars?

When will the stream_ created Avatar image also transfered to s3 Bucket?

9 years 3 months ago
  • Dimas Tekad Santosa
  • Visitor
Licenses:

Hi,

in our current design code, this is impossible we transfer avatar if the thumbs or original/large files are missing.. we discussed this internally with the developer, and not have the solution yet, becasue we should edit the huge codes and database stucture design, beside that the missing thumb or original/large file caused by the 3rd party like cloudfront or another component.

thank you

9 years 3 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Dimas Tekad Santosa wrote: Hi,

in our current design code, this is impossible we transfer avatar if the thumbs or original/large files are missing.. we discussed this internally with the developer, and not have the solution yet, becasue we should edit the huge codes and database stucture design, beside that the missing thumb or original/large file caused by the 3rd party like cloudfront or another component.

thank you

hi Dimas, please answer my points direct:

1. Can i upload all older "not transfered" Avatar wirh S3Browser to bucket? will jomsocial catch then avatar files from remote storage?

2. Why is with latest code the stream_ created Avatar image not transfered to s3 Bucket?

Edit: just seen that Remote Storage still not work for new Registration.

both files for new User are still on Server after Register and Cron Job running :-(
98b75b8a2906c25fc265867b.jpg
thumb_98b75b8a2906c25fc265867b.jpg

9 years 3 months ago
  • Dimas Tekad Santosa
  • Visitor
Licenses:

1. you cant do it, the code is not be designed like that
2. I remember this also bug but our dev already fixed in version 4.
3. your files are under queue, they will be transfered soon

9 years 3 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Dimas Tekad Santosa wrote: 1. you cant do it, the code is not be designed like that
2. I remember this also bug but our dev already fixed in version 4.
3. your files are under queue, they will be transfered soon

1, ok thanks for that info
2. i do not use use version 4 on my livesite, so i need a fix for version 3.2.1.6!
3. there is nothing under queue! i'v checked today the avatar folder again and both files from 09.01.2015 ar still there! cron job is running every 5min!

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński