Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

Remote Storage User Avatars not work

9 years 5 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Dimas Tekad Santosa wrote: ..some of your thumb avatar is not exist but your large avatar is exist..

in my screenshot there are both on server and also not transfered to amazon!?

Attachment Avatar-Thumb.jpg not found

Attachment Avatar-Large.jpg not found

what Avatar do you mean here exactly? please show me a example!

Attachments:
9 years 5 months ago
  • Dimas Tekad Santosa
  • Visitor
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:

Yeah that's why that file is not being processed, because you have the exist(large photo) and not exist(thumb photo) issue there, and make the transfer processing is stuck.

9 years 5 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Dimas Tekad Santosa wrote: Yeah that's why that file is not being processed, because you have the exist(large photo) and not exist(thumb photo) issue there, and make the transfer processing is stuck.

hi Dimas, sorry but i don't unterstand what do you mean with "not exist(thumb photo)"?

in my screensot above are both needed files on my server, or not!?

9 years 5 months ago
  • Dimas Tekad Santosa
  • Visitor
Licenses:

well.. I will explain this technically..

#1. the corn job will execute sequentially

#2. let say you have this DB record

Id | thumb | large | storage
1 | a_thumb.jpg (exist) | a_large.jpg (exist) | file
2 | b_thumb.jpg (exist) | b_large.jpg (exist) | file
3 | c_thumb.jpg (not-exist) | d_large.jpg (exist) | file
4 | e_thumb.jpg (not-exist) | e_large.jpg (exist) | file
5 | f_thumb.jpg (not-exist) | f_large.jpg (exist) | file
6 | f_thumb.jpg (exist) | f_large.jpg (exist) | file

#3 and let say the cron job will transfer each 3 records which the storage is "file"

#4 first cron will execute Id 1,2 and 3.. and id 3 will be fail.. and will be execute in another cron

#5 after run the first cron DB will be like this
Id | thumb | large | storage
1 | a_thumb.jpg (exist) | a_large.jpg (exist) | S3
2 | b_thumb.jpg (exist) | b_large.jpg (exist) | S3
3 | c_thumb.jpg (not-exist) | d_large.jpg (exist) | file
4 | e_thumb.jpg (not-exist) | e_large.jpg (exist) | file
5 | f_thumb.jpg (not-exist) | f_large.jpg (exist) | file
6 | f_thumb.jpg (exist) | f_large.jpg (exist) | file

#6 the second cron will execute ID 3,4,5.. because these IDs have some problem (thumb not exist), and the transfer will be fail as well

#7 the third cron still... will execute the same ID 3,4,5 and never touch ID 6

this is the bug..

You have lot of records and files, and some of them have the condition like this, I am not sure why some of your thumbs are not exist... we should provide the solution for this.

I hope you will get it..

9 years 4 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

hi Dimas, i get now what you mean. i reconsider what you said about Avatars and i think the Transfer to Remote Storage could be stopped because i used for a while CDN Cloudfront Plugin from Nonumber and Remote Storage at the same time! so maybe the Transfer to S3 Bucket stopped if a Avatar was earlier catched by Cloudfront!?

9 years 4 months ago
  • Dimas Tekad Santosa
  • Visitor
Licenses:

Yeah, maybe caused by it too.. and we also need handle this on our side too.. our developer is very busy with development new mayor version, so I dont have any news regarding this bug, maybe this issue will be postponed on Jomsocial version 4, but like usual, I will provide the patch once our dev already fix this.

9 years 4 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Dimas Tekad Santosa wrote: Yeah, maybe caused by it too.. and we also need handle this on our side too.. our developer is very busy with development new mayor version, so I dont have any news regarding this bug, maybe this issue will be postponed on Jomsocial version 4, but like usual, I will provide the patch once our dev already fix this.

hi Dimas, i unterstand that version 4 is in higher prio but i reported this issue 2 month and 3 weeks ago! www.jomsocial.com/forum/profile-universa...tars-not-work#106391

i do not want to sound unfair but if i report a issue/bug in joomlart or easyblog forum i get mostly a fix within 2-3 days..

9 years 4 months ago
  • Dimas Tekad Santosa
  • Visitor
Licenses:

Hi,

I am sorry for that, this is the reasons why this issue is hard to be fixed

#1 our developer is hard to replicate this issue, because this issue caused by 3rd party like Cloudfront
#2 as you know we are working on version4 very hard, and we pending some bug(especially every bug which hard to be replicated) so we fix the most priority first (easy to be replicated)
#3 usually, if the issue is quite simple, the bug can be fixed not in a week, even for some issues i able to fix / give the hot fix/ temp solution by myself

I hope it will understand with this

9 years 4 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Dimas Tekad Santosa wrote: Hi,

I am sorry for that, this is the reasons why this issue is hard to be fixed

#1 our developer is hard to replicate this issue, because this issue caused by 3rd party like Cloudfront

i said maybe caused by Cloudfront plugin, but in the meantime the cdn plugin is already disabled and the issue still happens for different Avatars and Images. some of them are transfered to S3 and other not. Cron job is running every 5min

#2 as you know we are working on version4 very hard, and we pending some bug(especially every bug which hard to be replicated) so we fix the most priority first (easy to be replicated)

i appreciate your work on 4.0 but please do the same Efforts for previous 3.9 Version! 4.0 is in Alpha Stage and needs as usual 2-3 Month to get stable and at the end is the hext Version after 4 in higher prio!

9 years 4 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

1. i tried a simple operation and uploaded a new Avatar with this Url:

../index.php?option=com_community&view=profile&task=uploadAvatar&Itemid=113

Result on Server after Upload:

thumb_04593aae97affd2ac228d23f.jpg
profile-04593aae97affd2ac228d23f.jpg
stream_04593aae97affd2ac228d23f.jpg
04593aae97affd2ac228d23f.jpg

Result on Server after Cron Job:

stream_04593aae97affd2ac228d23f.jpg
profile-04593aae97affd2ac228d23f.jpg

2. i tried a simple operation and uploaded a new Avatar with this Url:

../index.php?option=com_community&view=profile&Itemid=113

Result on Server after Upload:

47adacb07a5ddfb8dbc4c216.jpg
thumb_47adacb07a5ddfb8dbc4c216.jpg
47adacb07a5ddfb8dbc4c216_stream_.jpg
profile-47adacb07a5ddfb8dbc4c216.jpg

Result on Server after Cron Job:

47adacb07a5ddfb8dbc4c216.jpg
thumb_47adacb07a5ddfb8dbc4c216.jpg
47adacb07a5ddfb8dbc4c216_stream_.jpg
profile-47adacb07a5ddfb8dbc4c216.jpg

This was a simple test and you see that with scenario

1. the Transfer not work for stream_ and profile- Avatar
and the
2. scenario not work for all Avatar!

additional creates the 1. scenario a other file structur than 2. scenario for _stream Avatar!

9 years 4 months ago
  • Dimas Tekad Santosa
  • Visitor
Licenses:

I am sorry for delay answer, did you edit the FTP access? I cant access it now...please provide me the correct one.

9 years 4 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Dimas Tekad Santosa wrote: I am sorry for delay answer, did you edit the FTP access? I cant access it now...please provide me the correct one.

FTP Access should work now

9 years 4 months ago
  • Dimas Tekad Santosa
  • Visitor
Licenses:

Thank you, Please don't change it until we done with the debugging...thank you

9 years 3 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Dimas Tekad Santosa wrote: Thank you, Please don't change it until we done with the debugging...thank you

hi Dimas,

ok i will not change the ftp access but i need a fix here! please post the Bug ID here in this post. it would be realy nice if this Bug can be fixed within one month from now on! ;-)

thanks for unterstanding

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński