Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

Multi Profile Access rights

10 years 3 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Steven
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Hello,
My issue seems simple, yet daunting for me...:-(
First, I am trying to separate 2 profiles (Basic, Provider). Basic Members can see everything, except one thing that the Providers should only see (Post Services in Main Menu). Sounds simple...

I have a link in the main menu (tried it in JomSocial Toolbar as well), it is called "Post a Service". This link directs to an "add Item" feature for DJ Classifieds. Basic Members should NOT be allowed to do this. I have tried everything I can possibly try to not make this link NOT available to Basic Members, for 2 days. I have read forums, Documentations, and anything I can to try and figure this out.
Seeing all had failed with JomSoc, I even added new users groups (Basic Member-Public Parent, and Provider-Registered Parent) in Joomla User Manager and set Access Levels, but nothing...:-( Obviously, I am missing something, somewhere and I have a feeling it is something very simple...I mean, if I could just accomplish this one simple task, I will be able to start testing the site and get on a roll.

Here's the thing....the site it is actually suppose to be working on (riffraff.me) is in a bit of a mess right now. I came on after someone had already installed, set up and configured. I could not get many things to work on that site as it had plugins galore and search engines galore and I could not straighten it out very well. So, I did a "Fresh" install of Joomla! 3.2.1 Stable on my server here... 192.185.149.112/~jomsoc So, this is a FRESH install and will be much easier for you if you need to go into admin.
This link ( riffraff.me/administrator ) has no access right now.
The only other extension installed with this is DJ Classifieds, which also has a jomsocial plugin that shows a users ad postings.

Bottom line...I do not want "Basic Members" to be able to see the "Post a Service" link, ONLY PROVIDERS. Any help would be MUCH appreciated!

Thanks~

10 years 3 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Steven
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

I am doing a new fresh install....I will get back to you

10 years 3 months ago
  • Eric
  • Thank you received: 632
Licenses:
JomSocial Active GURU Expired Publisher Expired AdAgency Expired Socialize Expired

Hello,

The problem is that JomSocial doesn't fully respect Joomla's ACL yet. This should come starting from JomSocial 3.4 version as you can see on our roadmap: www.jomsocial.com/features/road-map for now, if the JomSocial's multiprofiles aren't enough for your needs - which they aren't - perhaps you could try: www.joomlaxi.com/jomsocial-profile-type.html

I hope that helps.

- Instead of saying: 'it's not working', explain the problem in detail.
- Screenshots with the URL visible in them and the problem marked are more than welcome.
- Tell us how to replicate the problem, we can't fix it if we can't find it.
- Make sure that your site/server meets JomSocial System Requirements: bit.ly/WyZyrL
- Make sure to setup JomSocial Cron Job: bit.ly/10OzfPN
- Always provide us with access details to the backend and ftp. We need it to debug problems.
- If you have a similar problem, but a solution you found isn't working, open a new thread instead of 'merging' with an existing one.

- Use the "Thank You" feature on any post that helped you
Moderators: Piotr Garasiński