Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

Problem editing profile page

10 years 4 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Romulo
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 6
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired Socialize Expired

Hi there,
i have a issue:
When user try to edit my profile page is imposible to save it, that happen only with Spanish users,
This is the error: ERROR
Perfil no guardado. Sigue habiendo algunos errores en el formulario. (mean: can not be saved there are some problem in the form)

i reported that before, and i was suggest to upload the spanish translation from transifex, i did that but for any reazon is not working, can you check that the file is on file with this name: TRANSIFEX_es-ES.com_community.ini

You can test with those users

user: helen
password: helen1

user: thomas
password: Thomas1

the first one is in spanish
the other one is english, you can test changin the language, an can see in english no happen the issue.

Best regards

Romulo Ruiz

10 years 4 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active GURU Active Publisher Active AdAgency Active iSEO Active Socialize Active

Hello Romulo

I have seen the same thing on another Spanish website www.jomsocial.com/forum/profile-universa...e-errors-on-the-form so now im starting to suspect that it only happens on the spanish sites because i cant replicate the behavior with english language.
Can you revert the site back to english and then try?

- Don't say feature not working. Instead, explain what you tried and what was the outcome.
- When you think you found the bug, try to replicate it on a fresh Joomla.
- When looking for support always provide temporary Super Administrative access to your site. We will ask for it anyway.
- Help yourself and read documentation which can give you answers to almost all questions you may have
10 years 3 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Romulo
  • Junior Boarder
Licenses:

Hi Sinisa,
I did not response bcause i was m,aking a lot of test, but i realized, that teh problem happen even with english user
The problem started with jomsocial 3.0 so the issues are with:

Country
and calendar you can test with this english user:
User: wendy
Pasword: Wendy1 if you try to change gender and save nothing happen even this user is female from the benginig but now after upgrade the last jomsocial avatar was automatically delete gender changed to male instead of female country can no be saved

Even custom fields not working either.

Best regards

Romulo Ruiz

10 years 3 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active GURU Active Publisher Active AdAgency Active iSEO Active Socialize Active

Hello Romulo

I have just cahanged the info from user wendy in the field Pais i have put "Tonga" and in field Pais de origen i put "Mauritius"
After clicking save, heres what i got

- Don't say feature not working. Instead, explain what you tried and what was the outcome.
- When looking for support always provide temporary Super Administrative access to your site. We will ask for it anyway.
- Help yourself and read documentation which can give you answers to almost all questions you may have
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Romulo
10 years 3 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Romulo
  • Junior Boarder
Licenses:

OK, but that was because the user language was in english but if you change to Spanish you going to see the issue, even if you don't modify any field, just try to save the profile as is now the error is there.

now i'm thinking about because fields are in spanish, but i can not change to english because the site is mostly for spanish speaking people, probably if those field could exist in the language.ini file, spanish site don't need to translate in the backend, just translate in the language .ini file what your opinion? i atached the screenshot

Attachments:
10 years 3 months ago
Licenses:

OK, but that was because the user language was in english but if you change to Spanish

Well, that is the thing I told you to do actually
So, the problem is Spanish language file because i use other languages too and cant replicate it.
Im sorry but we provide support only for English language
www.jomsocial.com/support-policy

10 years 3 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Romulo
  • Junior Boarder
Licenses:

Hi Sinisa,

I solved in this way: i installed de joomla 3x spanish language file, but the problen was still there, so i change the /components/com_community/controllers/profile.php in the line 1100 the result to true instead of false:

//CFactory::load( 'libraries', 'Profiles' );
if (!in_array($option, CProfile::getCountryList())) {
$result[] = true;

My question: can this change create any issue in the future? and if this file is update every time new jomsocial is installed?

Best regards

Romulo Ruiz

10 years 3 months ago
Licenses:

Hello Romulo

The change shouldnt inpact anything else than Country field, and yes, you need to do do custom hacks on every upgrade.
We are not going to implement your solution due the simple fact that this issue can not be replicated on English, nor any other language file i tried, except the Spanish one, therefore, i would start looking for the problem there first.

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński