Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

Can't use space and special characters in username

10 years 4 months ago
    Topic Author
  • morten
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

I started the topic "Can't use space and special characters in username" some weeks ago and have been on hold for a fix to the issue. Now the topic has been closed as solved.

It's a bit anoying that the topic has been closed. It was initally started by me and very soon hijacked by others. My question and need for a fix of the mentioned issue was never answered and I waited for a fix to be developoed. I did not get any chance to reply to the latest posts before it was closed. Now I can start all over again?

What I need is a fix to the problem of the space and special characters issue, It seems that it has been solved in the latest release, but I do not want to upgrade at this moment. Therefore I need to be able to do a patch fix. So Can you tell where and how to implement a fix to the issue without having to upgrade completely?

Thanks, Morten

10 years 4 months ago
  • Chris
  • Visitor
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:

hi morten.

Well, like you said..It's fixed in 3.1 however I'm not sure which files contain this fix. So you can upgrade to the latest 3.1 release, or wait until I got some information from our developers.

10 years 3 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

I'm running 3.0.5 and I don't have an active license to upgrade, so I'd like to see if you have a fix for past versions, as this is a critical part of the system.

Maybe a validation on the JS that does all the other validations would be an easy fix?

Thanks!

10 years 3 months ago
    Topic Author
  • morten
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Hi, Chris

Thank you for your reply.

It has been some while now since my very first post on this topic and it seems that it is actually not going forward. Is it possible that you can get an answer from your developers on this?

All they have to pint out is which files that are affected by the fixing of the username check issue. It can't be that complicated.

I DO have a valid license, but due to a lot of costumizations and thirdpart compatability issues, I am not ready to upgrade at this moment.

Kind regards, Morten

10 years 3 months ago
  • Chris
  • Visitor
Licenses:

Hi Morten.

Well our developers are very busy, it's really difficult for me to get their full attention, especielly when we're working in different timezones. Also please keep in mind, that only latest version, in this case 3.1 is supported, so we bassicaly won't provide you with fixed files for all bugs repaired since 3.0.5.3

10 years 3 months ago
    Topic Author
  • morten
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

I know, and I fully both understand and respect this.

But often you create hot fixes and also patch files to the latest version. Earlier in this topic you mentioned that you would provide a hot fix for this particular issue. This is just what I have been waiting for for weeks (or is it months) now.

Even a patch would maybe be a help for me to localize the need files. But I can't seem to find any patch files either. This way a complete upgrade is the only way, though a patch upgrade would be more suitable for meat this moment.

Best regards, Morten

10 years 3 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Morten, which Joomla are you using, 2.5 or 3.x?

10 years 3 months ago
    Topic Author
  • morten
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Joomla 2.5.16 and Jomsocial 3.0.5

10 years 3 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Try to upgrade Joomla to 2.5.17 and tell us if it solves your problem.
I beleive it did for me

10 years 3 months ago
    Topic Author
  • morten
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Done, and it did not solve tre problem.

10 years 3 months ago
  • Chris
  • Visitor
Licenses:

Like I said guys, thiss problem is fixed in JomSocial 3.1

10 years 3 months ago
  • thomas
  • Visitor
Licenses:

components/com_community/helpers/validate.php

Zeile 54:
return (!preg_match( "/[<>\"'%;()& ]/i" , $username ) && JString::strlen( $username ) > 0 );

change:
return (!preg_match( "/[<>\"'%;()&]/i" , $username ) && JString::strlen( $username ) > 0 );

10 years 3 months ago
    Topic Author
  • morten
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Thank you for your contributuion Thomas, but it has no effect. Sorry.

Best regards, MOrten

10 years 3 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

@morton
see in this topic

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński