Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

Solved - like stream items & view all comments disappear

10 years 3 months ago
    Topic Author
  • muhanad
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

looks like there is a bug .. whenever i leave the info in the development site fields and save, they disappear when i check back

anyways i left the new details in "Site Information (Mandatory)"

Kindly use them

10 years 3 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active GURU Active Publisher Active AdAgency Active iSEO Active Socialize Active

Hello Muhanad

The "trouble maker" here is Joom Status module outlined in red

Once disabled, you can see the stream comments links working again

Once again, blame is pointed toward us when we do not deserve it.
And also, i hope you can now see the importance of having clean testing environment, and why did i asked you to create it.
Furthermore, one of our pro-active user explained the same thing in his video
www.jomsocial.com/community/videos/video...-software?groupid=50

Thank You

- Don't say feature not working. Instead, explain what you tried and what was the outcome.
- When you think you found the bug, try to replicate it on a fresh Joomla.
- When looking for support always provide temporary Super Administrative access to your site. We will ask for it anyway.
- Help yourself and read documentation which can give you answers to almost all questions you may have
Attachments:
10 years 3 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active GURU Active Publisher Active AdAgency Active iSEO Active Socialize Active

Oh, and yes, the thing im breaking head with :) yet is why likes dont respond, but im sure i will find an "offender" soon by disabling more stuff :)

Will come back to you as soon as i find it

- Don't say feature not working. Instead, explain what you tried and what was the outcome.
- When you think you found the bug, try to replicate it on a fresh Joomla.
- When looking for support always provide temporary Super Administrative access to your site. We will ask for it anyway.
- Help yourself and read documentation which can give you answers to almost all questions you may have
10 years 3 months ago
    Topic Author
  • muhanad
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Hi Sinsia,

to be honest, i have never blamed you guys, i said it's most probably something in my website but i still need your help since it's almost everytime it's going to be something related to joomla as a whole i have been a jomsocial user for years now and i didn't really asked in the past for a lot so i was waiting to be honest for your support staff to go way and beyond. I'm glad i know now which module is causing the issue but i guess it's not the only one so while you are checking kindly and you will be very helpful if you keep in mind those issues while investigating the website

www.jomsocial.com/forum/photos-videos/12...th-videos-and-photos .. i ran another test after you disabled the module but it looks like it's only causing the issue of share button keeps on loading as well and still have no clue why other features are not working the normal way

Best Regards and thank you for the support.

10 years 3 months ago
    Topic Author
  • muhanad
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

to speed up the process of getting ridding of those issues, i did the following

1- unpublished all modules, cleared cache in both browser and joomla ..
didn't solve the "likes" issue
2- unpublished all plugins unrelated to jomsocial core extension and joomla, cleared cache again
didn't solve the "likes" issue
please see attached image for the plugins that i didn't disable
3- i tried again changing the template again but it looks like its not causing the issue

Regards,

Attachments:
10 years 3 months ago
    Topic Author
  • muhanad
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Hey Sinsia,
Reinstalling jomsocial solved the problem. not sure how but it did, now i need to find away to redo all changes. I'm closing this thread and keeping the other since the reinstall didn't solve its issues.

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński