Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

Solved - like stream items & view all comments disappear

10 years 4 months ago
    Topic Author
  • muhanad
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Hello,

1- After upgrading to js 3.1 clicking on likes send notifications but the like word doesn't turn into "unlike" which makes the person thinks nothing has happened. I tried switching to beez5 to check if its a template issue but it didn't work

2- clicking on view all comments in stream, loads the comments for seconds and then they disappear. ive checked and its only happening with gantry templates .. i asked rockettheme but they said its a jomsocial issue, please help

Regards,

10 years 4 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active GURU Active Publisher Active AdAgency Active iSEO Active Socialize Active

Hello Muhanad

1. Can you please advise what are the stream items where this happens? Is it a videos-related stream items? If yes, take a look here
www.jomsocial.com/forum/photos-videos/11...t-doesn-t-work#60616

2. Can you tell us the Gantry version that youre using and exact template built with it?

Thanks

- Don't say feature not working. Instead, explain what you tried and what was the outcome.
- When you think you found the bug, try to replicate it on a fresh Joomla.
- When looking for support always provide temporary Super Administrative access to your site. We will ask for it anyway.
- Help yourself and read documentation which can give you answers to almost all questions you may have
10 years 4 months ago
    Topic Author
  • muhanad
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Hi Sinsia,

its happening on all stream items .. latest version of gantry v4.1.20 .. template afterburner2 .. but regardless of the template since i tried beez5 and still not working ..

I guess updating to jomsocial 3.1 conflicted with something on the website which i have no clue what

10 years 4 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active GURU Active Publisher Active AdAgency Active iSEO Active Socialize Active

Hi Muhanad

Maybe my previous reply wasnt clear enough

What stream items this is occuring on?
There is like 30 different activity stream items in jomsocial. Is it happens for all of them, or should i check every single one individually?
It would really help if i rather not :)

Please, advise, what are those activity stream items.
Thanks

- Don't say feature not working. Instead, explain what you tried and what was the outcome.
- When looking for support always provide temporary Super Administrative access to your site. We will ask for it anyway.
- Help yourself and read documentation which can give you answers to almost all questions you may have
10 years 4 months ago
    Topic Author
  • muhanad
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Hi Sinsia,
As i said, as for my test, it's happening on all of them. all my stream items can't be liked. status updates, cover changing, photos, .. etc

Regards,

10 years 4 months ago
Licenses:

Hello Muhanad

This looks more like a third party conflict then "non-working" feature
Can i download the backup of your site to start disabling the components and plugins you are using to see what causing the conflict?

10 years 3 months ago
Licenses:

Muhanad

Can you check your ftp credentials provided in the firdt post
i am not able to uset hem to login at your site and download backups
When i download backup over http, they fail to extract

10 years 3 months ago
    Topic Author
  • muhanad
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Hi Sinsia,

Please try now and kindly set akeeba to store the backup file in public_html

10 years 3 months ago
Licenses:

Hello Muhanad

Can you please setup the dev site instead?
I have just tried to do it but couldnt make it

Alternatively, i could start fiddling with the live site but that is not an option for me.
Also, and just for the sake of testing you could install the clean Joomla and clean JomSocial on the same server to test this (yes i saw your messages on facebook too) but i have just lost countless hours only trying to setup alternative method of testing to save and keep your site live.
If you want me start disabling things on live site, its not a problem at all, but if something brakes, who will held responsible?

Attachments:
10 years 3 months ago
  • William Thomas Jr
  • Visitor
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:

I am having the same issue and using Rockettheme, was this resolved, if so can the fix be made public? I had filled out my own ticket, and I'm sorry to hijack yours, as I am only attempting to resolve the same issue.

10 years 3 months ago
Licenses:

Hello William

Unfortunately not.
I have tried on our demo site and can not replicate the same behavior i did on Muhanad's site, however, because your sites are to valuable to be crippled in live production environment, im not really confortable by going on rage and disable everything on your site, even for a minute.
I tried to use the backup of his site, which is apparently broken too.

10 years 3 months ago
    Topic Author
  • muhanad
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Hello guys,

I'm waiting for akeebabackup support staff to fix the issue for me in order for me to setup the development website. hopefully they will get back to me soon.

Thanks Sinsia,

10 years 3 months ago
    Topic Author
  • muhanad
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Hello Sinsia,

Finally I have set up a development website for you & i have left all the details in my first post.

Kindly Let me know how it goes

Regards,

10 years 3 months ago
Licenses:

Hello Muhanad

i can not seem to find them.
can You please modify your first post and include them there?

thanks

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński