Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

Dreamhost VPS and ffmpeg Update Please Assist!

9 years 7 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Leon
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Ok so i recently discovered why my video uploads is not working while my Dreamhost VPS does have ffmpeg support it is version 0.7. I contacted dreamhost support and they told me i had to update it myself which i did but after the update it was still ver 0.7 so i contacted support again and foolishly they told me well 0.7 is the latest ver and it was made on may of this year (This was really funny since i directed them to the ffmpeg site where it clearly states that 2.4 is the latest ) I can only assume that there is some problem with their reposatory or something so now im at a loss the whole point to getting a vps was so i could use the video uploads. so I am posting this here in the hope that someone else has a dream host vps and has figured out a way to get the ffmpeg updated or video uploads working. So please fellow jomsocialers if anyone can help with this issue please do so.

in addition if you know of a hosting service provider that is a good fit for the use of jomsocial with videos enabled please let me know . I looked at site ground and you cant get it without going dedicated and the cheapest is $215 a mo and cloudaccess.net uses ver0.6.5 of ffmpeg which won't even work so im not sure why it is or what feature they provide that jomsocial recommends them but neither will work for me. also i would like to to get a host that offers a large amount of space and bandwidth thanks!

9 years 7 months ago
Licenses:

Hi, Leon.

We don't favor any of hosting companies. Also we can't help you with hosting issues as this is beyond our technical support.
But you can post in our community so other users may help you.
www.jomsocial.com/community

As for hosting, recently Sinisa created interesting article, so I recommend it to you:
documentation.jomsocial.com/wiki/Setup_y...erver_for_5$_a_month

- Instead of saying: 'it's not working', explain the problem in detail.
- Screenshots with the URL visible in them and the problem marked are more than welcome.
- Tell us how to replicate the problem, we can't fix it if we can't find it.
- Make sure that your site/server meets JomSocial System Requirements
- Make sure to setup JomSocial Cron Job
- Always provide us with access details to the backend and ftp. We need it to debug problems.
- If you have a similar problem, but a solution you found isn't working, open a new thread instead of 'merging' with an existing one.

- Use the "Thank You" feature on any post that helped you
The following user(s) said Thank You: Leon
Moderators: Piotr Garasiński