Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

just moving users profile from JS 2.8.4 to JS 4.0.8

8 years 10 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Hi,

I would like to move JS users from my old website (joomla 2.5.14 and JS 2.8.4) www.oldsite.com , to my new one (joomla 3.4.1 and JS 4.0.8 ) www.newsite.com

I just only want to move Users profile pages (about me+ photos albums of each user) ,not events from JS, not activites stream from JS, not groups JS...

could you tell me the tables I have to transfert to the new database? and the folders to the new FTP ?.

I found this : www.jomsocial.com/forum/installation/276...fresh-install#135317
but I am not sure we have exactly the same question ....

How about Kunena? Is it a pb if I transfert all kunena tables (specially users) just after doing moving your JS profile pages

thx for help.

communauté VTT / MTB community => www. roulons.fr ;)
8 years 10 months ago
Licenses:

Hi.

If you don't have experience with SQL and PHPmyAdmin... better don't try to transfer user data. Tables between version may differ.
Also there are a lot of cross references in db.

I rather recommend to use this extension: extensions.joomla.org/extension/jomsocial-user-import-export
It will require to move all user related files manually to new instance.

If you have question about Kunena forum, you should post on their forum - we don't support Kunena.

- Instead of saying: 'it's not working', explain the problem in detail.
- Screenshots with the URL visible in them and the problem marked are more than welcome.
- Tell us how to replicate the problem, we can't fix it if we can't find it.
- Make sure that your site/server meets JomSocial System Requirements
- Make sure to setup JomSocial Cron Job
- Always provide us with access details to the backend and ftp. We need it to debug problems.
- If you have a similar problem, but a solution you found isn't working, open a new thread instead of 'merging' with an existing one.

- Use the "Thank You" feature on any post that helped you
8 years 10 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Hi,

arff 49.99$ !! for a using it only one time ... half the price of JS !

about Kunena I just want to know if there will no problem (conflict) with Js by importing their data.

8 years 10 months ago
Licenses:

Hi.

It's up to you to pay 50$ for script that allow you export data... or spend time to learn how to migrate them by yourself (I'm sorry but we can't guide you in this process as it require SQL skills)... or hire a developer who will do it for you... choice is yours ;)

Kunena uses own tables, doesn't write anything into JomSocial tables.
User ID is universal and taken from Joomla! tables.
There should be no conflict.

- Screenshots with the URL visible in them and the problem marked are more than welcome.
- Always provide us with access details to the backend and ftp. We need it to debug problems.
- If you have a similar problem, but a solution you found isn't working, open a new thread instead of 'merging' with an existing one.

8 years 10 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

ok I will try to do it alone so ..

could you give me a link to an article or a topic to help me in the migration ?

I just need to know how to transfert old jomsocial informations (users, photos,..etc..) so:

1- What tables from my old database should I export to my new jomsocial database .
2- What folders from my old FTP should I transfert to my new one ?

Last question but not least, sould I transfert before doing all jomsocial transfert, the table " _users " from joomla to get the ID ?

thx for your answer

8 years 10 months ago
Licenses:

Hi.

I still recommend to use designed import/export script.
Moving database tables is tricky and require good SQL/PMPmyAdmin skills.
I could give you overall guidance - the rest is upon you.

The best way will be to upgrade JS 2.8.4 to most recent version available for joomla! 2.5.
Then migrate Joomla! user accounts with free extensions.
Then move JS tables.

Here is documentation that will guide you through upgrade process.

8 years 10 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

ok thank you Michal

I will do it ... but the link for the good documentation is missing on your post.

I understand using the script is better but I have not enought money to buy it ...

and you know this script dont move the folders from the old FTP neither all the community tables from the old database, it only copy jomsocial users account informations and ID ... this means I should do a lot of things alone

8 years 10 months ago
Licenses:

Hi.

Ah, I apologize, here it is: documentation.jomsocial.com/wiki/Upgrade..._3.0.x_on_Joomla_2.5

No, script moves only data. You'll need to move files manually. This is quite easy, just grab folders from your old site /images to the same folder in new instance.

8 years 10 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

ok thx Michal,

in your opinion if I export all "_community_" tables from old database and import them in my news database using phpmyadmin, this will work ?

8 years 10 months ago
Licenses:

Hi.

Yes it should. But the trick is that Joomla! user ID is the key here so you need to have EXACT the same user IDs for the same users in both dbs. Also I remember a lot of reports that after tables migration users get 1064 error - some columns are not present on new site and must be created manually.

Give it a try - in case of issues, I'll try to help you.
You may also describe what you did so it may help other users in future.

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński