Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

JomSocial is not working after upgradation

9 years 8 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Jeff
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 4
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Hello sir,

Here i am again adding new link of website attaching with my this message, link starts from new.420people...... please use this link and check the admin panel.

The settings mentioned in the screenshot you send i already applied, but still if i am adding the direct link in the browser for videos, images and members it will directly start showing all.

Thanks

9 years 8 months ago
Licenses:

Hi Jeff,

seem its a bug about menu items access level. give me time to investigate it. how about "{actor}" issue? has been solved? because I not find that things at your stream.

Regards,
Albert

9 years 8 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Jeff
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Ok sir i will wait for your reply, and about the {actor} issue, that issue is still there, i removed that word from many starting posts, please scroll down 3-4 times, than i will start showing you 6-7 months old posts, in all images it is showing links before images.

Thanks

9 years 8 months ago
Licenses:

Hi Jeff,

About the {actor}, that only happen for old data stream. the new one will not be like that anymore.

Regards,
Albert

9 years 8 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Jeff
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Important:- Website is now shifted to main Domain "420.....e.com

1) ok sir, so there is no way to remove that from old posts?

2) and sir are you still investigating about the menu privacy problem.

3) new issue i just checked, when on this page http://420.........e.com/index.php/community/search/browse and when i am trying to add someone as a friend it is showing error :- {"query":null,"suggestions":["Deirdre","jaspreet"],"data":["284","427"],"img":["",""]}

can you please also help me to resolve this too.

login details attached with this message.

Thanks

9 years 8 months ago
Licenses:

Hi Jeff,

1) you can remove old posts from jomsocial backend - activities
2) about privacy problem we still investigating it
3) I tried this issue but I can't replicate it. first as guest user there is no problem, and as registered there is no problem. Maybe I missing something here. please advice.

Regards,
Albert

9 years 8 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Jeff
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

3) Reply:-

420....le.com/index.php/community/search/browse

As a guest when i am clicking on link "add as friend" it is showing in front of members, than it shows login box in pop up box, and after login there, it start showing this error. {"query":null,"suggestions":["Deirdre","jaspreet"],"data":["284","427"],"img":["",""]}

4) sir i also not able to upload avator in profiles.

Thanks

9 years 8 months ago
Licenses:

Hi Jeff,
2) after discussed with developer. jomsocial menu items still not follow joomla ACL
documentation.jomsocial.com/wiki/Toolbar...ined#Common_Mistakes
because that, if the users don't want they photos or videos available for guest users. they must set photo album or videos as site members or else. for members list items, that will visible for public put guest users cannot view the profile. if that users privacy not public.

i hope you understand, because this is our current situation, we still need some improvement. you can put users voice at here:
uservoice.jomsocial.com/forums/101561-jo...ial-feature-requests

3) please upgrade your jomsocial version to 3.2.1.3 by using ijoomla installer. no need uninstall anythings.

4) about avatar profile that becuase the tmp folder not writable /h/home/peopleco/public_html/tmp. please make writable

Attachments:
9 years 8 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Jeff
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

3) please upgrade your jomsocial version to 3.2.1.3 by using ijoomla installer. no need uninstall anythings.

Reply:- i tried many times upgrading joomla to 3.2.1.3 via ijoomla installer, but everytime installation stops on "upgrading database" step and will not go anywhere, can you please check that, i also think that upgrading will fix mostly all my issues, so can you please check that why installation stops on "upgrading database.

I already takes the backup, if you want to try to upgrade please go ahead.

Thanks for your great support.

9 years 8 months ago
Licenses:

Hi Jeff,

I logged in to your cpanel, buat I cant find your site location. seem the DB has been changed, because I can't access it.
I need to delete some config data at your DB to tackle this issue.

Please edit your first post at this topic, and update any credential data

Regards,
Albert

9 years 8 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Jeff
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

New cpanel login details added, please check the misc info. Please wait until me next confirmation message, i am doing some restore in database of our link directory, so i will let you know once i completed that, and please start changing the database after that, so that i didn't loose the change you want to do.

Thanks

9 years 8 months ago
Licenses:

Hi Jeff,

upgraded. the problem because at profile table still missing profile_lock field
I did this query for tackle this issue.

ALTER TABLE `jass_community_profiles` ADD `profile_lock` TINYINT(1) NULL DEFAULT '0' AFTER `create_events`;

Regards,
Albert

9 years 8 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Jeff
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Please start the changes you want to do, i restored my directory completely, now you may proceed with the database changes.

Thanks

9 years 8 months ago
Licenses:

Hi Jeff,

please check it. your jomsoical version alread up to date.

Regards,
Albert

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński