Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Our Sales and Billing department is available from Monday - Friday, 00:00 - 14:00 (UTC). Sales & Billing response may be delayed during weekends.

Refund Please

6 years 6 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

The documentation for JomSocial is so poor that I am giving up on setting up an intranet and internal social network based upon this software. I have used older versions of JomSocial but there is no way to build a system of groups and then add members and assign administrators as the Super User without friending all 200 users/members and then inviting them to the groups. The members are not technically savvy and I need to add them and pre-build the entire system. This doesn't seem possible.

Please refund my payment. I am attaching the invoice for your review.

This message has an attachment file.
Please log in or register to see it.

6 years 6 months ago
  • Dimas
  • Visitor
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:

Hi Rita,

So, do you want new user joins the group automatically when they register to your site? and you set the admin for that group? if yes please let me know, because you can achive it by 3rd party plugin, and I hope it will change your mind to ask the refund :)

thank you!

6 years 6 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

No, I need to be able to add 200 volunteers to 20 groups that as super user I create and assign admins to. I cannot “friend” all these people to populate the groups because I’m a contractor and will be leaving the system in the hands of the 20 people assigned as owners. The volunteers already work in these teams and will use JomSocial to communicate with each other and with the entire organization. This replaces a clunky listserv.

The JomSocial design where individuals create groups on the fly and invite friends to join won’t cut it.

6 years 6 months ago
  • Dimas
  • Visitor
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:

Hi Rita,

You can do it from backend, on Members managaer you can set each members to be assigned to some groups..

Also on groups manager you can select the admin each group

have you tried with it?

thank you!

Attachments:
6 years 6 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Yes, I’ve tried that. It was cumbersome because the new owners then had to invite they’re members and many of these people are Luddites. Please just refund me the cost of the software. It doesn’t fit our requirements. No more arguments, please.

6 years 6 months ago
Licenses:

HI, Rita.

Thank you for contacting us.
I'm sorry but Dimas is right here, you can do that without inviting anyone.
Just like Dimas show on his printscreens you may set group admin in backend with few clicks and assign members to a group without sending invitation.
If you don't like manual assigning to a group - I understand it may be hard to do it for 200 users - you may always use SQL query and modify user records direct in database.

So it's possible to do what you request.
Please, read our Refund Policy here: www.jomsocial.com/refund-policy
We could issue a refund only if certain conditions are meet and you have valid reason for refund... and "It doesn’t fit our requirements" = "Any of JomSocial features do not meet your expectations or feature is designed to work in a different way than you expected it to work." I'm sorry but that can't be a valid reason for refund.

- Instead of saying: 'it's not working', explain the problem in detail.
- Screenshots with the URL visible in them and the problem marked are more than welcome.
- Tell us how to replicate the problem, we can't fix it if we can't find it.
- Make sure that your site/server meets JomSocial System Requirements
- Make sure to setup JomSocial Cron Job
- Always provide us with access details to the backend and ftp. We need it to debug problems.
- If you have a similar problem, but a solution you found isn't working, open a new thread instead of 'merging' with an existing one.

- Use the "Thank You" feature on any post that helped you
Moderators: Piotr Garasiński