Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated

Incorrect rel-alternate-hreflang values (solved)

10 years 3 months ago
    Topic Author
  • jamal
  • User is blocked
  • Thank you received: 2
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Hi,

I received that message from google for webmasters! i have site multilingue, i have all menu associations except jomsocial menu. I ask how i can make association between men js elements ? beacause the JS menu is different fron standard menu of Joomla. I think that the probleme come from here ?

État de l'indexation: Incorrect rel-alternate-hreflang values on arabicmeeting.com/8 janv. 2014
We found a problem with the markup on your pages aimed at helping Google Search serve the correct language to the right users. Specifically, for rel-alternate-hreflang annotations you are using invalid values for indicating languages or regions:
Unsupported value found on arabicmeeting.com/en/home/7608-issam-hawami/friends.html
To process your pages properly, our algorithms require valid annotations. Learn more about the supported values by rel-alternate-hreflang in the "hreflang supported values section" of the Help Center.
support.google.com/webmasters/answer/189077
Ask questions about how to resolve this issue in our Help Forum.

Thank you

10 years 3 months ago
Licenses:

JomSocial menu is alike any other menu in Joomla. It just links to JomSocial component features.

Please try this:

1. Create in Menu Manager a new menu labeled with language e.g JomSocial FR
2. Go to JomSocial tolbar menu
3. Check all elements
4. Click Batch button
5. Select menu you created in 1. step in "Select Menu or Parent for Move/Copy " dropdown list
6. Check "copy" and "Process" button

You've made a copy of JomSocial toolbar. Now using "Batch" set language of your original JomSocial toolbar menu (from "All" to e.g "English") and your new JomSocial toolbar menu.

Now you can associate menu positions form JomSocial toolbar.

Please confirm.

- Instead of saying: 'it's not working', explain the problem in detail.
- Screenshots with the URL visible in them and the problem marked are more than welcome.
- Tell us how to replicate the problem, we can't fix it if we can't find it.
- Make sure that your site/server meets JomSocial System Requirements
- Make sure to setup JomSocial Cron Job
- Always provide us with access details to the backend and ftp. We need it to debug problems.
- If you have a similar problem, but a solution you found isn't working, open a new thread instead of 'merging' with an existing one.

- Use the "Thank You" feature on any post that helped you
10 years 3 months ago
    Topic Author
  • jamal
  • User is blocked
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Hi,

Hello, I created a menu with a second language as suggested (en), my default language is french. I get to make association with the original menu, but it is useless. The new menu is not displayed because the menu is translated into the language file. In addition I can not create a module and assign the new menu? the position? you now?

10 years 3 months ago
Licenses:

Sorry, my bad.

This will work: you need to edit titles of your JomSocial Toobar and enter constant from a language file. E.g: for "Changer la vidéo de profil" it will be "COM_COMMUNITY_VIDEOS_EDIT_PROFILE_VIDEO". I did it for first two positions. It will work for 100%.

- Screenshots with the URL visible in them and the problem marked are more than welcome.
- Always provide us with access details to the backend and ftp. We need it to debug problems.
- If you have a similar problem, but a solution you found isn't working, open a new thread instead of 'merging' with an existing one.

10 years 3 months ago
    Topic Author
  • jamal
  • User is blocked
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Thank you Michal.

Is translated, but is not work. Try to click on it:(

Thank you.

10 years 3 months ago
Licenses:

I'll try to explain step by step:

1. Go to Menus -> Jomsocial toolbar
2. Click "Modifier votre profil" to edit it
3. In title replace "Modifier votre profil" with "COM_COMMUNITY_PROFILE_EDIT"
4. Save and exit
5. Go to your frontend
6. Log in
7. Change language from default to English
8. Check Jomsocial toolbar

It just must work :) Look on print screens:

Attachments:
10 years 3 months ago
    Topic Author
  • jamal
  • User is blocked
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Thank you and sorry for my bad english. Thé menu is displayed but is not work. When i click on profile (en or ar) not work , redirection to home. Than you.

10 years 3 months ago
Licenses:

Hi, Jamal.

This problem was no language related. You created in your main menus two menu positions related to JomSocial: "My Profile" and "Edit Profile". It worked fine when you was in your main language. But after switch to e.g English part of the link path remain French and system just redirected to home.

I fixed this by using menu alias instead of pointing directly to JomSocial pages. I modified "My Profile" and "Edit Profile" in all three main menus by setting aliases to JomSocial toolbar. Now it works as expected :)

So, let me summarize:

1. Language change for JomSocial toolbar:
- replace menu link titles with language constant taken from /language/en-GB/en-GB.com_community.ini

2. Redirection issue:
- fixed by using menu aliases instead of direct links to JomSocial to avoid link paths overrides. In future please use menu aliases and point to already existing links

Please confirm, if all o your issues in this topic are solved.

The following user(s) said Thank You: jamal
10 years 3 months ago
    Topic Author
  • jamal
  • User is blocked
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

thank you sir for Your excellent ans fast support.

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński