Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated

People suggest module not displaying?

8 years 10 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired Socialize Expired

ISSUE SUMMARY: Hello guys, i just renew my license because i love your product :)
I installed People suggest module yesterday and it is not displaying on some menus (accueil/les girls) --> It is called "rechercher amies"
Any clue?
Thanks

STEPS TO REPLICATE:
RESULT
EXPECTED RESULT
BROWSER

8 years 10 months ago
Licenses:

Hi, Anais.

That's great to hear that you decided to stay with us ;)
Module is not showing up because you can assign modules to menu items from JomSocial toolbar. Those item doesn't have own menu item ID (well, they have but it's not used - Joomla! uses JomSocial frontpage menu item instead).

Module is displayed on Les Clubs and Les Sorties menu items because they have own menu item ID.

- Instead of saying: 'it's not working', explain the problem in detail.
- Screenshots with the URL visible in them and the problem marked are more than welcome.
- Tell us how to replicate the problem, we can't fix it if we can't find it.
- Make sure that your site/server meets JomSocial System Requirements
- Make sure to setup JomSocial Cron Job
- Always provide us with access details to the backend and ftp. We need it to debug problems.
- If you have a similar problem, but a solution you found isn't working, open a new thread instead of 'merging' with an existing one.

- Use the "Thank You" feature on any post that helped you
8 years 10 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired Socialize Expired

Hello Michal
Sorry, maybe i am not fullt awake :) I dont get your point about Own menu ID because "Accueil" for instance is created in Menu (the same for Les Girls) :( They have the id 110 & 132
Thanks for your help :)

8 years 10 months ago
Licenses:

Hi, Anais.

Ok, please, let me explain. This is related with JomSocial menu items. JomSocial toolbar menu is used for internal component navigation. This means it will behave a bit different that any other Joomla! menu. menu items inside will have onw menu item ID but Joomla! will not use them but instead will take the lowest menu item ID from menu item related with JomSocial outside JomSocial toolbar.

What means that assigning modules to menu items from JomSocial toolbar will ahve no use as Joomla display module under condition for certain menu item ID. Lets say that menu item Profile from JomSocial toolbar has menu item ID 23, but JomSocial frontpage menu item outside JomSocial toolbar has menu item ID 45. Then page Profile will have menu item ID not 23 but 45. And if you assign module to Profile menu item (thus to menu item ID 23) it will be not displayed as currently this page has menu item ID 45.

In short, this setting will have no effect: prntscr.com/7ka4po

Another thing - you assigned People Suggest to Accueil in Menu Principal where it should be assigned to Accueil in Main Menu FR. I assigned module and it's displayed on homepage as well.

- Instead of saying: 'it's not working', explain the problem in detail.
- Screenshots with the URL visible in them and the problem marked are more than welcome.
- Tell us how to replicate the problem, we can't fix it if we can't find it.
- Make sure that your site/server meets JomSocial System Requirements
- Make sure to setup JomSocial Cron Job
- Always provide us with access details to the backend and ftp. We need it to debug problems.
- If you have a similar problem, but a solution you found isn't working, open a new thread instead of 'merging' with an existing one.

- Use the "Thank You" feature on any post that helped you
Moderators: Piotr Garasiński