Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated

RS Events Pro event image/avatar, upload, need to disable things in T3

8 years 10 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active Socialize Expired

#1 Everything works great in Protostar-theme

From RS Joomlas FAQ:
"In order to exclude RSEvents! Pro from this setting, login to your administrator section, click on Extensions >> Template Manager, click to edit your T3 powered template and set "Optimize Exclude" to (preserve the new lines - just copy paste the text below):

compat.js
Autocompleter.js
Autocompleter.Request.js
Observer.js
TextboxList.js
GrowingInput.js
multiselect.js
modalbox.js
edit.js
dom.js
mootools-1.2.5.1-more.js
jquery.colorbox-min.js
jquery-1.5.1.min.js"

I cant find where I am supposed to enter this?

8 years 10 months ago
  • Dimas
  • Visitor
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:

Hi,

I dont understand it.. have you contacted RS developer for checking this?

thank you

8 years 10 months ago
Licenses:

Hi,

Got this reply from RS: "The issue itself is in fact caused by the template which doesn't load the standard Bootstrap Joomla! uses. Joomla! does not currently natively support Bootstrap 3 and our products are designed to work using the Joomla! CMS."

Any ideas?

/Hasse

8 years 10 months ago
Licenses:

Complete message:
"The issue itself is in fact caused by the template which doesn't load the standard Bootstrap Joomla! uses. Joomla! does not currently natively support Bootstrap 3 and our products are designed to work using the Joomla! CMS.

You can test that this functionality works if you temporarily switch to a standard Joomla! template like Protostar.

raggarportalen.se/kalendern/edit-event/6...t?template=protostar

Please try contacting your template developers directly on this matter as they may be able to workout a solution."

/Hasse

8 years 10 months ago
Licenses:

The thing that doen't work, right now, is the change of the image on top left, right below the text "Raggarportalen.Se "

8 years 10 months ago
Licenses:

Hi, Annica.

I'm sorry but currently there is no option to exclude certain js files from optimization.
So I strongly recommend to disable JS optimization in Backend -> Extensions -> Template manager -> Socialize -> General -> Optimization -> Optimize JS -> OFF

As for your second issue, please, try to enable: Backend -> Extensions -> Template manager -> Socialize -> General -> Legacy Compatible -> ON.

- Instead of saying: 'it's not working', explain the problem in detail.
- Screenshots with the URL visible in them and the problem marked are more than welcome.
- Tell us how to replicate the problem, we can't fix it if we can't find it.
- Make sure that your site/server meets JomSocial System Requirements
- Make sure to setup JomSocial Cron Job
- Always provide us with access details to the backend and ftp. We need it to debug problems.
- If you have a similar problem, but a solution you found isn't working, open a new thread instead of 'merging' with an existing one.

- Use the "Thank You" feature on any post that helped you
8 years 10 months ago
Licenses:

Getting, kind of, booring messages from RS
'1. Since RSEvents!Pro uses the default Bootstrap version, this discrepancy in the layout can be caused by the fact that your template is using other Boostrap versions or the lack of providing similar definition on the standard Bootstrap classes Joomla! uses. As you've noticed, switching to a standard Joomla! template temporarily will display the component properly.

Unfortunately, some template developers don't understand that they should use what Joomla! is offering (that was the whole point of introducing Bootstrap) and insist on using unsupported, backwards-incompatible versions.'

My personal oppinion of that...... It's time RS wakes up and start using T3, as quite a few extensions and themes are using T3.

Optimize JS -> OFF - Is already OFF
Legacy Compatible -> ON - Didn't make my day. No visible change

It, kind of, sucks, because the RS EVent Pro is a really good component, and has all the features I would like a calendar to have.

8 years 10 months ago
Licenses:

Hi, Annica.

But they have a bit right... Socialize is using Bootstrap 3 and RSEvents Bootstrap 2...
I ask our developer to take a look.
Please, before I ask him, could you explain in steps how to replicate issue on your site?
Also we may need copy of RSEvents as this is paid extension - for tests.

- Screenshots with the URL visible in them and the problem marked are more than welcome.
- Always provide us with access details to the backend and ftp. We need it to debug problems.
- If you have a similar problem, but a solution you found isn't working, open a new thread instead of 'merging' with an existing one.

8 years 10 months ago
Licenses:

Hello,
I will get in touch with RS, and try to get you a copy, and I will send you the info needed for the developer.
Will the developer use your data to access my site, and his IP? I do not want to enable your country in my firewall (nothing personal!).
Regards,
Hasse

8 years 10 months ago
Licenses:

Hi, Annica.

Developer will use Polish IP.
If you don't want to let us in - nothing personal ;) - to your site, please, describe in steps your issue, add printscreens. So we'll know what to test and what to look at.

Then we'll contact with RS developers and ask them for a copy to test.

8 years 10 months ago
Licenses:

OOooops. My mistake. It's another developer who's in one of my blocked contries.

This is how the RS Events Edit-page looks like in Socialize

Link to the page above
using Socialize - Feel free to edit anything - Component is only visible to Super Users
The 'tabs', above , should be placed to the left of the data/info-'frame', rather than above.

This is the same page, but using Protostar-theme

Link to the page above
using Protostar - Feel free to edit anything - Component is only visible to Super Users

Regards,
Hasse

8 years 10 months ago
Licenses:

Hi, Annica.

Thank you. Before we proceed, could you try this patch: www.jomsocial.com/forum/socialize-templa...script-issues#134942

Please, do a safe copy first, then test it. Please, share with results.

8 years 10 months ago
Licenses:

No luck, with that.
Result: LESS to CSS - Unexpected Error...................

8 years 9 months ago
Licenses:

Hi, Annica.

I compiled it for you: prntscr.com/7n0mg1
Now, please, check if this fixed your issue...

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński