Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated

problems with k2 component and modules

9 years 3 weeks ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired iSEO Expired Socialize Expired

all k2 stuff is having a a problem working with socialize and i don't use anything but k2 , and my website debends on K2 conntent and jomsocial is an extra feature for version 4 of my website ,so if you don't mind check it out please today because i wait everyday for you to answer me once ,

9 years 3 weeks ago
Licenses:

Hi.

But what is the issue? You failed to describe it.
How I could check anything... doesn't know what to check... what steps to make and what result should be.

Please, describe your issue properly so we could proceed.

- Instead of saying: 'it's not working', explain the problem in detail.
- Screenshots with the URL visible in them and the problem marked are more than welcome.
- Tell us how to replicate the problem, we can't fix it if we can't find it.
- Make sure that your site/server meets JomSocial System Requirements
- Make sure to setup JomSocial Cron Job
- Always provide us with access details to the backend and ftp. We need it to debug problems.
- If you have a similar problem, but a solution you found isn't working, open a new thread instead of 'merging' with an existing one.

- Use the "Thank You" feature on any post that helped you
9 years 3 weeks ago
Licenses:

one of the problems that modules of k2 don't work as they supposed to , check Sj K2 Slider ..
i send you some o the modules i installed before with socialize and they didn't work like how they should then i uninstalled it .. please check them in any joomla template and in socialize template to c the difference

This message has attachments files.
Please log in or register to see it.

9 years 3 weeks ago
Licenses:

Hi.

Please, point me where I could see that issue on your site.
Please, if you want our support to be accurate - provide accurate informations (printscreens, steps to replicate).

- Screenshots with the URL visible in them and the problem marked are more than welcome.
- Always provide us with access details to the backend and ftp. We need it to debug problems.
- If you have a similar problem, but a solution you found isn't working, open a new thread instead of 'merging' with an existing one.

9 years 3 weeks ago
Licenses:

sorry , as you can c in the following screenshots this not how it should be

Attachments:
9 years 3 weeks ago
Licenses:

Hi.

1. Background color comes from K2 css:

prntscr.com/6w0fsb

.even {
    background: none repeat scroll 0 0 #fffff0;
    border-bottom: 1px dotted #ccc;
    padding: 2px;
}

ROOT/new/components/com_k2/css/k2.css

So this issue has nothing to do with template.

2. "When editing there functions not all of it works" - what do you mean by that? Please, elaborate.

3. Those empty spaces are MODULE MARGINS so they don't stick together. It's not an issue its designed like that. Every module in sidebars are in boxes... without margin, those boxes will be stuck together.

You may remove it if you want by adding this code:
.t3-sidebar-right .t3-module {
margin: 0;
}

4. This is also not an issue. You try to fit big content in small box. This time slider is responsive and fit box inner space but still text is too big and cant be fit inside. Please, notice how wide is module container in your example and the one you trying to fill.

9 years 3 weeks ago
Licenses:

so using socialize for news magazine is no recommended as it's modules position is not gonna b helpful for it right ?

9 years 3 weeks ago
Licenses:

Hi.

Not at all - it could be used successfully. You just need to assign modules into proper places.
It doesn't matter what template do you use - if you try to fit a lot of content in narrow box... result will be the same.
For news slider you should rather use other position than sidebar 9that is always narrow unless it takes about 50% of main column width... but then it's rather not a sidebar).

Also - it depends from your skills - you could customize template by creating new module positions and columns.

You know, template is designed in some way... and this way not always will fit your imagine design... and developers can't predict ALL ways ;)

So what you could do:

1. Customize template by adding your own module positions (you may consider to hire a developer to do it for you)

2. Or try to find proper place for news slider e.g positions position-x but you'll need to change number of columns e.g 4 (just click number in Socialize -> Layout. That way you'll create wider module positions. I recommend that method.

9 years 3 weeks ago
Licenses:

i like ur template but the only thing needed to know is how to add any content between sidebar-1 and sidebar-2
i mean you made it only component place i wanted to know is there anyway to add any module in this place as any template main body module position between sidebars ??

9 years 3 weeks ago
Licenses:

Hi.

I admit that we missed that position. But we already talked about this here: www.jomsocial.com/forum/socialize-templa...ule-over-here#126657

That's the only way.

9 years 3 weeks ago
Licenses:

okay i'm sorry one last question i knw u dnt have to do this because u r not responsible about it ,but is there anyway to add 2 or 3 module in this position with this code :
<jdoc:include type="modules" name="position-name" style="T3Xhtml" />
like left and middle and right ?

9 years 3 weeks ago
Licenses:

Hi.

Done.

Position is called "position-center". I already assigned slick slider to that position.

The following user(s) said Thank You: ICrew
Moderators: Piotr Garasiński