The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated

Socialize 2 and Google Maps/Geocode factory

9 years 2 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active iSEO Active Socialize Active

Hi,

Just testing your Socialize template RC1 and having a problem with googlemaps via the GeoCode Factory component. If you see the test at dev.fittogether.se/ the map loads fine with a radius circle, however dragging the circle by clickdragging the cross, or expanding the circle by clickdragging the arrows on the outside doesn't work. I'm assuming it's a jquery type problem, but while Overall I know my stuff, I'm a little shaky in this area :) The problem does not occur with another T3 template I have installed, Joomlarts Uber.

thanks,
David

9 years 2 months ago
Licenses:

Hi David,

because I cant login to your site backend, I dont know what exactly that component is.
this is the correct one?:
extensions.joomla.org/extension/the-geocode-factory

if correct I will assigning this issue to socialize template developer.

Regards

9 years 2 months ago
Licenses:

Hi Albertus,

Yes that's the component, except version 5. I provided login details with the post. I've just upgraded to Socialize release version and the problem remains. Trying to drag the radius circle simply drags the map.

/David

9 years 2 months ago
Licenses:

Myjoom (the GeoCode Factory developer) has had a look at my site and hasn't been able to work out what is causing the issue. This is urgent for us as our site is based around maps.

9 years 2 months ago
Licenses:

Hi David,

I assign this topic to socialize dev.

Regards

9 years 1 month ago
Licenses:

Hi, David.

Ok, lets start with removing Socialize RC1 along with T3 plugin and module and installing Socialize 2 stable version.
Please, update this thread when it's done.

- Instead of saying: 'it's not working', explain the problem in detail.
- Screenshots with the URL visible in them and the problem marked are more than welcome.
- Tell us how to replicate the problem, we can't fix it if we can't find it.
- Make sure that your site/server meets JomSocial System Requirements
- Make sure to setup JomSocial Cron Job
- Always provide us with access details to the backend and ftp. We need it to debug problems.
- If you have a similar problem, but a solution you found isn't working, open a new thread instead of 'merging' with an existing one.

- Use the "Thank You" feature on any post that helped you
9 years 1 month ago
Licenses:

Hi Michal,

I'm using stable version, but it was installed over the top of RC1. How can I keep the thememagic customizations if I delete the template entirely?

9 years 1 month ago
Licenses:

Hi, David.

Ok, lets start with removing Socialize RC1 along with T3 plugin and module and installing Socialize 2 stable version.
Please, update this thread when it's done.

- Screenshots with the URL visible in them and the problem marked are more than welcome.
- Always provide us with access details to the backend and ftp. We need it to debug problems.
- If you have a similar problem, but a solution you found isn't working, open a new thread instead of 'merging' with an existing one.

9 years 1 month ago
Licenses:

Hi Michal,
I'm running 2 stable at present, but it was an upgrade so I'm assuming you want to try a clean install? How can I save my thememagic customizations?

9 years 1 month ago
Licenses:

Ok, I've narrowed the problem down to the socialize toolbar. Google map works fine when it's not published.

9 years 1 month ago
Licenses:

Hi, David.

Please provide us working administrator credentials.
I can't login to your site backend.
Please, edit your first post and add credentials to corresponding fields.

I need to see that issue and check why it happens.

9 years 1 month ago
Licenses:

Hi,

Sorry, had the wrong URL there for the dev site. Now fixed and you'll find a menu item "ijoomla test" with dropdowns for testing with and without the community toolbar published.

/David

9 years 1 month ago
Licenses:

Hi, David.

I remember similar issue: www.jomsocial.com/forum/modules-plugins-...oogle-directions-and

I'll need FTP access to your site?
Please, edit you first post and add FTP credentials.

9 years 1 month ago
Licenses:

Hi, sorry for the delay.

I looked at the other thread and yes, it seems to be the same problem. I found the following code in /assets/css/old.css -

.gm-style .gmnoprint{display:none;}
.gm-style .gm-style-cc{display:none;}

I commented them out and the problem is fixed. I'm not using any jomsocial inbuilt maps yet, so not sure if it's broken anything!

/David

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński