Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated

Mobile notifications and banners

9 years 9 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active Socialize Expired

A few questions regarding Socialize template on a fresh Joomla/Jomsocial installation.

1. Are notifications not available on smartphones? I noticed that the notifications toolbar that you can see on a laptop or tablet is not available on the smartphones we're utilizing. If not, will that be something that can possibly be added in future versions? As your blog mentioned about creating a successful community, it's a bit of a concern that it's not available on mobile devices, unless we're missing something.

2. Another thing I noticed is that the ads we're running in the Banners component (Adsense code) is also not showing on the mobile version. Will this template not show ads, or is it because it's using the core Banner component and not something like SocialAds or Ad Agency?

3. I thought the notifications were supposed to be received in real-time, just like Facebook? I have to refresh the page in order to receive them.

4. The log-in toolbar at the very top of the page (laptop) that includes "username, password, remember me, log in, create account" - is there a way to remove that, or better yet, can we add the Facebook Connect button there, as well? We've discovered when testing with users that a considerable amount of them log in through that and then expressed they would have preferred to use the Facebook Connect, if they had seen it first.

9 years 9 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired GURU Expired Publisher Expired AdAgency Expired iSEO Expired Socialize Expired

Hi Tony Martinez,
Here is the answer one by one,

1. Are notifications not available on smartphones? I noticed that the notifications toolbar that you can see on a laptop or tablet is not available on the smartphones we're utilizing. If not, will that be something that can possibly be added in future versions? As your blog mentioned about creating a successful community, it's a bit of a concern that it's not available on mobile devices, unless we're missing something.

There is a small bug and we are working one it. It will come up with next socialize release (1.2.8+)

2. Another thing I noticed is that the ads we're running in the Banners component (Adsense code) is also not showing on the mobile version. Will this template not show ads, or is it because it's using the core Banner component and not something like SocialAds or Ad Agency?

The module position was disabled for mobile device. (see attachment screenshot)
Need to configure at
site admin > extensions > template manager > socialize > layout [tab] > responsive layout [tab] > mobile [tab]
enable sidebar-1, sidebar-2 visible for mobile.

3. I thought the notifications were supposed to be received in real-time, just like Facebook? I have to refresh the page in order to receive them.

The notification is now with real time feature and you are supposed to get that after 20 second (approx).

4. The log-in toolbar at the very top of the page (laptop) that includes "username, password, remember me, log in, create account" - is there a way to remove that, or better yet, can we add the Facebook Connect button there, as well? We've discovered when testing with users that a considerable amount of them log in through that and then expressed they would have preferred to use the Facebook Connect, if they had seen it first.

We are working to add facebook login at the toolbar also. Hopefully it will come up with next version.
Thanks

The following user(s) said Thank You: Tony Martinez
9 years 8 months ago
Licenses:

Thanks for the answers, they were helpful! I've made the changes to our template layout to resolve #2 and will take note of how quickly our notifications refresh for #3 and follow up, if necessary. I'll wait for the next verion(s) for the solutions to #1 & #4.

9 years 8 months ago
Licenses:

Sorry, but just writing again to state that the real-time notifications still aren't working. I tested it on separate browsers (Chrome, IE), and neither one of them showed any notifications at all (we tested for 10 minutes). It was only after changing/refreshing pages that the notifications appeared. What might be a resolution, please?

9 years 8 months ago
Licenses:

Any suggestions, please?

9 years 8 months ago
Licenses:

Sorry to bother, but our site just launched, and it's imperative we get this working in order to have a successful debut for out site. Any help with this issue, please?

9 years 8 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired GURU Expired Publisher Expired AdAgency Expired iSEO Expired Socialize Expired

Hi Tony Martinez,
Sorry for the delay.
The issue is fixed and coming with our next socialize release.
Meanwhile if you need that fix then send us ftp info by editing your first post.
Thanks

9 years 8 months ago
Licenses:

Not sure of the FTP info, but when do you expect to have the next release ready?

9 years 8 months ago
Licenses:

Hi Tony Martinez,
Though the fix for mobile notification is coming with our next version, I have updated the toolbar module and now it is showing fine with mobile devices too.

About the facebook login:

We are working on it and please be patient. Once it is done, I will let you know.

About the real time notification:

Please check again at the toolbar for that.
Let me know if the problem still exist.
Thanks

9 years 8 months ago
Licenses:

Yes, I saw the new toolbar on my mobile device and laptop. However, the real-time notifications still don't work.

9 years 8 months ago
Licenses:

Hi Tony Martinez,
I am also experiencing the notification problem for only first time
but when it is about 2,3+ notifications then it is showing fine.
I have informed to our developer and once I get any update, I will let you know.
Thanks

9 years 8 months ago
Licenses:

Hi Tony Martinez,
The real time notification issue is fixed and will come with our next socialize release.
But if you need it earlier then let me know.
Thanks

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński