Country Flags

9 years 9 months ago
    Topic Author
  • CHIBUZO
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:
JomSocial Active Socialize Expired

Hi I am creating a multilingual website on Jomsocial. I have done the prelim steps and I had the flags representing the languages appear on the screen. When I changed to socialize template, the flags have disappeared. Please advise on solution.
Secondly, can I find an article with step by step instruction on creating a multilingual jomsocial site.

thirdly, I mistakenly put another support website for socialize template. Kindly help me sort it out to coincide with the support website for jomsocial and adagency.

9 years 9 months ago
    Topic Author
  • CHIBUZO
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:

Hi I have solved issue number one concerning the flags.

Please help with other two;

Thanks

9 years 9 months ago
Licenses:

Hi.

2. JomSocial will follow Joomla! settings to be in multilingual mode. The only additional step is to translate toolbar: documentation.jomsocial.com/wiki/Translate_Toolbar

3. Create domain change request topic here: www.jomsocial.com/forum/billing-issues

- Instead of saying: 'it's not working', explain the problem in detail.
- Screenshots with the URL visible in them and the problem marked are more than welcome.
- Tell us how to replicate the problem, we can't fix it if we can't find it.
- Make sure that your site/server meets JomSocial System Requirements
- Make sure to setup JomSocial Cron Job
- Always provide us with access details to the backend and ftp. We need it to debug problems.
- If you have a similar problem, but a solution you found isn't working, open a new thread instead of 'merging' with an existing one.

- Use the "Thank You" feature on any post that helped you
The following user(s) said Thank You: CHIBUZO
9 years 9 months ago
    Topic Author
  • CHIBUZO
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:

Hi Just a quick question.

I have gone through the documentation for translating the toolbar and I assume that after that the translation will be permanent (of course unless you undo it). If i click on the Spanish flag for my site will it give the Spanish translation of the toolbar and when I click the UK flag, will it render the English translation?

9 years 9 months ago
Licenses:

HI.

Yes. If you use language constants in JomSocial toolbar menu, translation will be applied automatically upon language change.
Remember this will only work for JomSocial toolbar menu displayed inside JomSocial component area. If you will try to display it bia menu module in some module position, automatic translation will not work.

- Screenshots with the URL visible in them and the problem marked are more than welcome.
- Always provide us with access details to the backend and ftp. We need it to debug problems.
- If you have a similar problem, but a solution you found isn't working, open a new thread instead of 'merging' with an existing one.

9 years 8 months ago
    Topic Author
  • CHIBUZO
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:

Hi
I am still unable to translate the toolbar or rather the translation is not working with the toolbar for socialize template. It works if I change it to protostar but in socialize it just displays the constant.

9 years 8 months ago
Licenses:

Hi, CHIBUZO.

It's because you treated a JomSocial toolbar menu as ordinary menu and assigned to module position. Automatic translation from constants will not work here. In Socialize template by default JomSocial toolbar in man content area is disabled.
Please, follow this instruction.

- un-assign JomSocial toolbar menu from any module position (or menu module)
- delete toolbar.index.php file in ROOT/templates/socialize/html/com_community

This will bring back JomSocial toolbar menu in main component area

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński