Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated

Help changing appropriate css in order to get 1195x75 pixels for logo area.

10 years 2 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Geir
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired Socialize Expired

Hello, I hope someone could give me accurate information on where to change the size for the logo area, as I want this to be in 1195x75 pixels (see attachment). Tried using chrome's inspect element, but the chaos of less and sass and T3 css got me confused :o) - So I hope someone could give me the exact location(s) on where to change and even what to change if it is not enough changing the numbers for size.

Attachment shows what I want to do if my english is not describing the "problem" precisely :)

Thanks and cheers,
Geir

Attachments:
10 years 2 months ago
Licenses:

Hi Geir,

here the code to put into your CSS file (the buttom of page)

#t3-header {
  height: 75px;
  padding: 0;
}

.t3-header {
  background: url('image url') none repeat scroll 0 0 transparent;
}

let me know the result. if not work, you can provide me the FTP access detail (by editing this Post). and i will do it for you

cheers,
Albert

10 years 2 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Geir
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:

It did not work, but I will try to update the site access info, so you can have a look.

Thanks for helping :)

10 years 2 months ago
Licenses:

Hi Geir,

I can logged in to your FTP but I can't uploading the files (permission restriction maybe). but it's ok.
Here I sent you the files for socialize template logo full wider.

This attachment is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.

instructions:
1. put new file default-wide-logo.php at folder your-web-site/templates/socialize/tpls/
2. put new file header-jb-wide.php at folder your-web-site/templates/socialize/tpls/blocks/
3. login to Administrator: Extentions - template manager - 'Socialize - Default' (click it)
4. goto Layout tab and select 'default-wide-logo', click save button on top left (green save button)
5. goto Theme tab. upload your new logo (full width).

Cheers,
Albert

Attachments:
10 years 2 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Geir
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:

Hello, I appreciate the help I'm getting very very much - but I'm sad to say that this did not work quite as I hoped. I copied in the two new files in their respective locations .../socialize/tpls and .../socialize/tpls/blocks - and set Position & Responsive Configuration to default-wide-logo and saved, then I set the appropriate logo (header) under the theme tab and saved again - but something is scaling down the original header logo which is in the correct size if you right click and shows it in a new browser tab (I'm using chrome). So if I could persuade you to have a quick look once again, I would appreciate it very much :)

I have done no changes to original css, and I also removed the added css that I got from you yesterday as well, but with same result. I also switched off optimize css, if there could be some caching issues as well.

I have to revert back to my temporary logo, but the correct logo header is under ../logo/c4-header.jpg

Thanks and cheers,
Geir

10 years 2 months ago
Licenses:

Hi Geir,

I added new CSS rules at this file: /public_html/templates/socialize/css/custom.css

.logo-image h1 a {
  width: auto;
}

header.t3-header {
  padding-bottom: 0;
  padding-top: 0;
}

.logo h1, .logo h1 a {
  display: block;
}

that CSS for the logo things. I tested with your logo c4-header.jpg and I revert back again.

Cheers,
Albert

The following user(s) said Thank You: Geir
Moderators: Piotr Garasiński