blank template admin screen after joomla update 3.2.2

10 years 2 months ago
    Topic Author
  • eelco
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired Socialize Expired

I already read it here somewhere on the forum, so I thought, lets wait for an answer...

The problem: after upgrading to joomla 3.2.2, the template cannot be accessed anymore in de backend. Gives a whitescreen. I tried to update only the T3 framework, but no succes.

Then I started searching support at T3. There are some people mentioning the same problem with other templates, based on T3 too...
after some google search, I found the following:

on the new update Joomla 3.2.2 the file administrator/components/com_templates/helpers/templates.php
the following around the line 42 is now missing:

/**
* Gets a list of the actions that can be performed.
* @return JObject
*/
public static function getActions()
{
$user = JFactory::getUser();
$result = new JObject;

$actions = JAccess::getActions('com_templates');

foreach ($actions as $action)
{
$result->set($action->name, $user->authorise($action->name, 'com_templates'));
}

return $result;
}

I just added and now I'm able to edit the template BT Real Estate again.

It looks like T3 is using a function, that is removed with the joomla 3.2.2 update.

I did the trick above, added the function back to the templates.php file and I could enter the template in the backend again.

so, this is not a support question/problem. I thrust support that this will be fixed soon.
Just wanted to let people with the same problem know, how to temporarly fix this ;-)

10 years 2 months ago
  • Chris
  • Visitor
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:

HI man.

Many thanks for sharing this with us, I'm sure it'll be helpful for other users as well. Just a quick notice, it's really always advised to wait some time before upgrading to the latest version of Joomla. First of all, developers needs a little bit time to make their extensions compatible with latest version of Joomla. Secondly, it's better to give some time to Joomla community to find all bugs within latest release..

10 years 2 months ago
    Topic Author
  • eelco
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired Socialize Expired

Hello.

I totally agree, therefor I always first test al updates on a testsite.

However, I must say, that developers of software (like jomsocial) have to test it almost directly after a new release, cause of the continues threat of hackers.

For instance, today one of my live sites which is running on joomla 3.2.1 has been hacked. So I cannot wait with the joomla update, have to do it now and clean the mess....

I cannot wait too long after a new joomla release with updating the site so to say ;-)

but that has nothing to do with this problem of the template I mentioned. Is something general. ;-)

10 years 2 months ago
  • Chris
  • Visitor
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:

Sure, I noticed our developer about this problem already, so I'm we'll release some hot fix for this problem.

10 years 2 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired GURU Expired Publisher Expired AdAgency Expired iSEO Expired Socialize Expired

Hi There,
Since joomla 3.2.2 have deleted the function we have a fix for socialize template.
and it is coming with socialize template next version.
Now the current version is 1.2.3
before release this version we have manual fix for each customer.
Thanks

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński