Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated

How to customise article layout

10 years 4 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active Socialize Expired

The default layout of an article places information at the top of the article I would want at the bottom, for example the tags.

How do I do that?

I notice one response received by support for a similar question was along the lines of "grab Firebug, inspect the element, edit the file" so I just want to qualify what I have done so far:

• Checked the layout section in the socialize template. I can see that I can move sections around but I can't figure if the tags and article info are part of a section or have a section of their own.
  • I have used FireBug and can see the relevant divs and I'm confident I could write the script to move these elements but using naked JavaScript like this cannot be safe or best practice.
  • I can see the templates/socialize/tpls/blocks is the likely target but cannot find relevant documentation on hooks so it concerns me any modifications would be lost in an upgrade

10 years 4 months ago
  • Paul
  • Visitor
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:

Hi Martyn,

Could you please edit your post and enter your site information so we could have a look at this for you

10 years 3 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active Socialize Expired

Hi Paul,

This is the information I want to move:

Which can be seen on this page www.saxtonpark.com/en/residents/grays-crime-stats

Thanks

10 years 3 months ago
  • Paul
  • Visitor
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:

Hi Martyn,

This appears to be a joomla article layout you want to modify. In Joomla article options i believe you can choose the position of the article info >administrator > content >articles > options then select the Position of article info.

Further help with this should be directed to the Joomla forum as it is Joomla related

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński