The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated

Cookies analitics?

6 years 4 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Good afternoon, i have a question.
The italian law is very hard about cookies. I' m writing cookies policy of my web site and i wonna to know if jomsocial use cookies analitics and personal information of my users. I need to know this to write better my cookies policy and to know if have to Pay an italian tax of cookies. Can you help me. It's very important.
Thank you

6 years 4 months ago
Licenses:

HI, Mauro.

Thank you for contacting us.
You have pay TAX for cookies in Italy??? As far I know we (EU citizens and companies) have to follow EU law regarding this, so we need to inform our users that cookie is used on site (Cookie Policy)... but taxes for cookies? Never heard of.

If you ask if JomSocial... or rather JoomlArt as product owner, creates any cookies, analyze it or gather your user information:

NO , we do not:
- create cookies
- track site data
- gather information
- process site user information
of our customers site.

But please, note that in some cases we ask for access to your site administration area where user data are stored. We are not interested in any user data but potentially we do have access to it. So in accordance with EU GDPR you should create a copy of your site with anonimized user data (no emails or personal info) or create special allowance documents for this occurence.

- Instead of saying: 'it's not working', explain the problem in detail.
- Screenshots with the URL visible in them and the problem marked are more than welcome.
- Tell us how to replicate the problem, we can't fix it if we can't find it.
- Make sure that your site/server meets JomSocial System Requirements
- Make sure to setup JomSocial Cron Job
- Always provide us with access details to the backend and ftp. We need it to debug problems.
- If you have a similar problem, but a solution you found isn't working, open a new thread instead of 'merging' with an existing one.

- Use the "Thank You" feature on any post that helped you
6 years 4 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Thank you very much Michael.
In Italy we have a cookies tax from 2015. It is 150 euro to pay to garante of privacy. It's for profile cookies (for advertising) and for analitics cookies in some case. Thank

6 years 4 months ago
Licenses:

HI, Mauro.

Thank you for explaining this. Strange and very restrictive :)

- Instead of saying: 'it's not working', explain the problem in detail.
- Screenshots with the URL visible in them and the problem marked are more than welcome.
- Tell us how to replicate the problem, we can't fix it if we can't find it.
- Make sure that your site/server meets JomSocial System Requirements
- Make sure to setup JomSocial Cron Job
- Always provide us with access details to the backend and ftp. We need it to debug problems.
- If you have a similar problem, but a solution you found isn't working, open a new thread instead of 'merging' with an existing one.

- Use the "Thank You" feature on any post that helped you
Moderators: Piotr Garasiński