8 years 1 month ago
    Topic Author
  • David
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:
JomSocial Active Publisher Active AdAgency Expired Socialize Expired

Greetings Pro's,
I am still learning Publisher Pro and so far I just love this stuff. However, as I am setting all of this up, I now have 3 members that have requested to be Authors on my site through Publisher Pro. I have approved them, but now I am trying to create new pages specifically for my authors on my site and I only want the Authors to see these menu's. The way I know how to do this is to assign my new Publisher Pro Authors to the "Authors" group from the back-end and then create the new menu's for them that are only visible to "Authors".
All of this was pretty simple, but the one thing that does not seem to be working is when I go to the back-end -> Manager. I then find the member that will now be a "Author" on my site and go to the "Assign Users Group" tab to make the change and select the "Authors" check box. When I do this and then select Save and close, I get the following error message.

Warning

The passwords you entered do not match. Please enter your desired password in the password field and confirm your entry by entering it in the confirm password field.

I don't know where to find the users passwords, don't want to ask them for this information, but I can't seem to add them to this group without getting this error. My plan is that when I get them added to this new group, I will then simply make these menu's viewable only to members that are in the "Authors" group. Can you please tell me why I can't seem to add members from the back-end without getting this message?

Thanks,

David

8 years 1 month ago
  • Dimas
  • Visitor
Licenses:

Hi,

I already assigned this to publisher developer.

thank you!

8 years 1 month ago
Licenses:

Hi,

When you edit an user from Joomala User Management, to assign on a specific user group, in this case "Authors", on save, please make sure that in passwords fields (on password field and confirm password field) is nothing written, if both fields are empty, you can save the user and the password will be the same, the password will not be deleted or changed, will be like the user added.

8 years 1 month ago
    Topic Author
  • David
  • Junior Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Active Publisher Active AdAgency Expired Socialize Expired

Mr. Dinca,
Thank you so much. LOL! It figures it would be something so simple I never thought to try it.

Thanks and have a great day,

David

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński