Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

How to configure stream Jomsocial to work like Facebook's

6 years 4 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active GURU Expired

Hello,

How do I configure Jomsocial so the stream works like Facebook? I mean, the user should see in the stream only posts from friends and groups he is a member of.
Activities from other users or groups he is not a member (even the non private ones) should not be visible.
The way it is today, if someone Likes a photo of other user I can see that on the stream, and both the actor and target are not my friends. I don't want that.
How can I do it?
Thank you

6 years 4 months ago
Licenses:

Hi, Rogerio.

Thank you for contacting us.
JomSocial is not a Facebook so it won't work the same way :) Main activity stream shows ALL community activity. What you want is located on profile activity stream. There you have only own, friends or related activity. Main activity has filters so they also can be used. JomSocial was designed for smaller communities than Facebook, that's why a global activity stream make sense. But still you may customize JomSocial to hide main activity stream and make Profile page with personal stream aa default for logged in user. You may use JomSocial Redirect plugin to redirect user to profile where stream is. Then customize this file:

ROOT/components/com_community/templates/jomsocial/layouts/toolbar/base.php

Just replace link to front page under home icon to profile.

Here is overall customization documentation: documentation.jomsocial.com/wiki/Customizing_Template

- Instead of saying: 'it's not working', explain the problem in detail.
- Screenshots with the URL visible in them and the problem marked are more than welcome.
- Tell us how to replicate the problem, we can't fix it if we can't find it.
- Make sure that your site/server meets JomSocial System Requirements
- Make sure to setup JomSocial Cron Job
- Always provide us with access details to the backend and ftp. We need it to debug problems.
- If you have a similar problem, but a solution you found isn't working, open a new thread instead of 'merging' with an existing one.

- Use the "Thank You" feature on any post that helped you
The following user(s) said Thank You: Мимо проходил
Moderators: Piotr Garasiński