Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

Posting Joomla article pulls in author picture versus article image

7 years 5 months ago
  • Dimas
  • Visitor
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:

Hi Meagan,

To avoid the confusing what is your issue on bsmart.c2it-hosting.com ? please provide me the screenshoot..

Just to make sure the issue regarding image article I already put it on our bug list.

thank you!

7 years 5 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Meagan
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 8
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

The issue is the same as described in the very first post here. When we post the URL of an article into the status field the article image is not populating in the activity stream field. On our live site (bsmartguide.com) the author avatar is being displayed instead. You stated that this was due to the parsing algorithm. On our test site (bsmart.c2it-hosting.com) we have removed the module that displays the author avatar in the article page, and we have modified the template code so that the component section of joomla is placed first in the html. After these modifications on the test site no image is populated in the activity stream.
Screen shots attached are the activity stream where the url was posted. It shows no image. The second attachment is the article page.

Attachments:
7 years 5 months ago
  • Dimas
  • Visitor
Licenses:

Hi Meagan,

oh ya, I already put this issue on our bug list..we have some issue on some URL (like your site) fetch the image aritcle doesnt work.

thank you

7 years 5 months ago
  • Dimas
  • Visitor
Licenses:

Hi Meagan,

For fixing this open this file components/com_community/libraries/crawlers/curl.php, find this code :

$imageUrl = strtolower($url . $imageUrl);
and replace to :
$imageUrl = $url . $imageUrl;

I hope it will work :)

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński