Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

Community toolbar search function not working

8 years 1 month ago
    Topic Author
  • Alex
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:
JomSocial Active iSEO Expired Socialize Expired

Hey,

My search function in top-header community toolbar is not working anymore :(

When user types in members name in field it redirects to all members page, but does not preform search.

User then has to re-perform user search from within the all members page and then finally the search is performed.

Also, just another quick question about a huge discrepancy between my Joomla! users in native Joomla! user manager and JS members in backend of JS component.

On frontend of site in my all members module I have 95 users and this is accurate from backend Joomla! users, but in backend of JS component it only says I have 54 members.

Why is this not accurate?

I have had JS component installed pretty much the same day I made fresh install of Joomla! and started building my site.

Thanks!

8 years 1 month ago
Licenses:

Hi, Alex.

1. Your issue is caused by creation on menu item "Studens" in Main menu. This menu item leads to all members page.
It disrupts search query. Disable it, reload page and check if now search works.

2. Number of members on JomSocial dashboards show ONLY active members.... that is members that have AT LEAST one user point.. When you enter Backend -> Components -> JomSocial -> Monitor -> Members you'll see the same amount of users as in Joomla!.

- Instead of saying: 'it's not working', explain the problem in detail.
- Screenshots with the URL visible in them and the problem marked are more than welcome.
- Tell us how to replicate the problem, we can't fix it if we can't find it.
- Make sure that your site/server meets JomSocial System Requirements
- Make sure to setup JomSocial Cron Job
- Always provide us with access details to the backend and ftp. We need it to debug problems.
- If you have a similar problem, but a solution you found isn't working, open a new thread instead of 'merging' with an existing one.

- Use the "Thank You" feature on any post that helped you
8 years 1 month ago
    Topic Author
  • Alex
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:
JomSocial Active iSEO Expired Socialize Expired

Yes it is true that once I disable "students" all members menu item the search performs as it should, but why should I have to remove a JS menu item from my site when I want this to be a core feature of my website?

Is this maybe a bug you guys are unaware of?

For now I am going to chose to keep the "students" all members menu item because this is an important feature of my site.

Can you please look into a fix for this?

Also, I remember a while ago asking about when new Socialize template will support ajax search for users if not also JS groups + events in top-header community toolbar like the old native js toolbar did at least for members.

This should definitely be on the to-do list if you ask me don't you agree?

In JS community for an older version of JS a community member had some core hack for enabling ajax search in top-header community toolbar so I don't see why it would be so hard to add that feature.

A suggestion when addressing this potential bug would be to fix it with ajax search :)

Also, add ajax search to groups + events that are public/closed just not private :)

This would add a big improvement to JS I think and maybe even make ajax search fancy where you could click button to add a user as a friend like in fb or quickly join groups + events.

I will have to post idea in User Voice, but think it is a good idea.

Anyway, another bug I noticed with mobile webview on my site would be two things and it could be caused by hack job I did to a Socialize template layout by deleting a loading block position in the php file, but also at the same time don't see why this would cause the problem.

The two problems are - search function in socialize template mobile view is not aligned properly and the menu drawer is also not fixed and aligned properly.

It looks really bad :(

I did not have this problem when header block with logo or text was there and menu drawer was tiny button, but think it should be fixed and supported for social layout without logo or text and it should not look so bad.

Have other users reported the same?

And just to help you guys I have a decent list of other potential bugs/small things I noticed after new JS and Socialize template came out when it comes to mobile view vs desktop view.

I made a post somewhere about them at some point I remember, but can try to review all of them and re-post in the appropriate thread in support forum.

For now just the immediate bugs/issues I have found and one last thing - why does mobile view not support ajax infinite scroll feature!!!

I really do not see why this would not be supported or could not be made to be supported if it has something to do with difference between desktop scroll and scroll on a mobile device.

You guys are clever find a solution!

P. S. Changing default value for when to start auto-load of infinite scroll value should be MUCH higher to allow it to work like fb.

Default value begins fetch of activity when you are practically at end of page and you always have to wait for load of new activity.

I swear I need to make a tutorial + documentation with videos to help out new users because there are so many things I have learned building my website and see people in community asking some the same things and want to help other people in JS community achieve their goals.

PSS. I'm working on a native app for Android and iOS for JS and anyone's unique website configuration and don't think it's that hard :P

I will have to share when done :)

Attachments:
8 years 1 month ago
Licenses:

Hi, Alex.

Try to do it like this:

- create "Students' menu item that leads to student list in JomSocial toolbar
- then edit your "Students" menu item in Main Menu and change it to menu alias that points to "Students" in JomSocial toolbar menu.

Yes, changing functionality of search in Socialize toolbar is on TODO list :) But I can't provide ETA for it...

Yes, any new ideas about features should be posted here: uservoice.jomsocial.com/forums/101561-jo...ial-feature-requests

Please, remember forum golden rules:
- not to merge few issues in one thread. It make hard for us issue tracking and for other users to find correct solution.
- ONE thread = ONE issue :)

To fix search button issue add this:

.menu-search .btn {
margin: 0 !important;
}

i.imgur.com/fnSHZeg.png

As for infinite scroll it's disabled intentionally on mobiles. Imagine that you have a lot of activities...your users will NEVER reach the bottom of your site when autoload will be enabled. That's why button more helps with that. In your project maybe this is irrelevant but in other it matters.

- Instead of saying: 'it's not working', explain the problem in detail.
- Screenshots with the URL visible in them and the problem marked are more than welcome.
- Tell us how to replicate the problem, we can't fix it if we can't find it.
- Make sure that your site/server meets JomSocial System Requirements
- Make sure to setup JomSocial Cron Job
- Always provide us with access details to the backend and ftp. We need it to debug problems.
- If you have a similar problem, but a solution you found isn't working, open a new thread instead of 'merging' with an existing one.

- Use the "Thank You" feature on any post that helped you
Moderators: Piotr Garasiński