Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

Badges And Moods

8 years 2 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Alex
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:
JomSocial Active iSEO Expired Socialize Expired

Hey,

I think I already remember asking about image size and file format for moods, but care to refresh my memory as to the ideal image size and file format?

I think you guys said .png and 64x64 is that correct? :P

Now question about the badges.

So unlike Easy Social you guys don't really put much focus on the badges and AUP system.

Obviously JS is a WAY better product, but I was just wondering if you guys had any plans to add more focus on badges and AUP system because I think it could be a really cool feature to add and make into a module publishable inside a users profile page.

Currently in JS Hello Me and profile cover photo it's just boring what looks like water droplets and purple coloring filled when they hit a certain number of JS points.

To not get into TOO much detail I am interested in using alphaplug extension and TechJoolma Quick2Cart which supports AUP and JS points as a payment method and found other extensions on JED that allow to sell AUP/JS points in bundles thus allowing site users to buy point packages and use points to purchase cart items inside user profiles.

Ideally I want to set something up for my site users that integrates these AUP/JS points into real money!!! :)

For now before maybe making this a feature request in user voice what is the flexibility in changing the native JS badge system?

What type of file does it have to be and what is the file size?

I see the size is small height and long width - is the size flexible or will this mess up look of JS Hello Me module and cover photo?

And is there support for different badge categories?

So you guys mention some points activity does not have to be an activity stream item, but could I have badge categories for say money points and then other categories like easy social has for a bunch of different activities from adding a bunch of pictures/videos to liking a lot of things etc.

To wrap up this thread question and this is REALLY important to me - I noticed that my points were refreshed after updating to JS 4.1.6

I think so anyway.

I just recently noticed my points went from being really really high to very very low :(

Now if this was all of my users money that they paid for on my site to make purchases on other users cart items I would have a LOT of very angry users now wouldn't I? :P

So to wrap up do you guys know why this happened and was it just my profile or other users???

I see some users still have some points that have not logged in in a long time so I'm thinking maybe it was just me, but figured I'd ask/report this upgrade bug because if this was paid for points with real money this would not be good :P

And for now in case this were to happen in future JS update would it be easy for you guys to go back into database and link back correct points with correct users?

And off topic, but I remember one day and same thing happened to Dimas - our happy mood randomly was deleted and disappeared!

While testing out my site JS has been really stable for the most part, but sometimes it does some funky stuff.

Would you guys NOT recommend using this AUP/JS point system with users real money or if I use AUP and convert JS points to AUP and make custom ewallet type of module and plugin with Q2C API could it be stable and work?

And just in case you guys have never herd about TechJoomla Q2C ewallet it's a custom product they have I herd about when watching cloudaccess.net video about Q2C.

Obviously I want this to be done right when users money is involved so I just figured I'd touch base with you guys about this issue I just noticed which now makes me worried about JS losing my users money :P

Thanks!

8 years 2 months ago
Licenses:

Hi, Alex.

Recommended format for moods is png and 36x36.
You can find examples at ROOT/components/com_community/assets/mood_19.png

So unlike Easy Social you guys don't really put much focus on the badges and AUP system.

No, why? We implemented custom badges system in Theme Designer some versions ago. Did you tried it?
Also user points is available. If you want to extend it you may use 3rd party extensions... or write own user points rule.

Badges sizes depends from your project. You may control their size or proportions using css.
There are no categories for badges - only point amounts that define when badge may be earned.

Sure, points may be earned for many different actions. But one mus be clear it mus be user related action e.g user is doing something. It can't be no-action rule e.g user earn points for not-doing something like not being reported or something similar.

Hmmm, user points amount are saved in database. During upgrade data in db is not touched in any way. So I can't answer why your points decreased. In our tests, after upgrades points remain on the same level. Try to test your own different scenarios - we need to be able to replicate issues in order to provide fix. Also no user reported similar issue yet.

User points can by modified while editing profile in backend - so you may even give points to certain users if you like :)

Moods are records in db and files on your server. nothing should be deleted just on it own... an action is required. So the most probably scenario is: someone deleted them or they ware removed from data base and/or server.

To be honest we don't test JomSocial with other extensions... as there are too many of them. So the best option will be to aski in our Community if any one tested them or experienced any issues. You should also ask their developers - it's highly probable that they tested their extension with JomScoial, especially if they mentioned that it has integration or can work together.

- Instead of saying: 'it's not working', explain the problem in detail.
- Screenshots with the URL visible in them and the problem marked are more than welcome.
- Tell us how to replicate the problem, we can't fix it if we can't find it.
- Make sure that your site/server meets JomSocial System Requirements
- Make sure to setup JomSocial Cron Job
- Always provide us with access details to the backend and ftp. We need it to debug problems.
- If you have a similar problem, but a solution you found isn't working, open a new thread instead of 'merging' with an existing one.

- Use the "Thank You" feature on any post that helped you
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alex
8 years 2 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Alex
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:

Thank you for the info :)

As for JS doing weird things although it's mostly stable it has done some weird unexpected things that I notice.

The happy mood being gone all of the sudden which also happened to Dimas was REALLY strange and I did not ever delete it or even play around with database or mood configurations in back-end of JS, but I'm glad it didn't just happen to me and only me because at the time that it happened Dimas reported the same problem on his end.

Haha right after talking about weird things happening just right now I noticed there are TWO happy moods on my site now when making a post which is really strange because I did not do any action to cause this to happen.

I also noticed I can't write a post on other users profiles!!!

So weird and random.

I noticed that super user account when on a test user account can still post something in superuser profile, but test user to other test users and other real people does not work at all :(

And even another weird bug to top everything off a new user that just registered earlier today when I was doing a demo their profile avatar green online indicator is stuck online when they have been offline for several hours now.

Haha talking about strange things 3 weird things just happened today.

Could you please take a look and see what might have happened?

Thanks!

8 years 2 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Alex
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:

Update on being able to write in user profiles.

Somehow the setting for only allowing to write in other people's profiles only if they were friends was on.

Just turned to off now anyone can write on people's profiles.

As for the one most recent new user being online for hours after he was actually online I did change the time of logged in time out in back-end to 30 instead of default 15 - so that could be why that was happening.

I will change back to 15 and see if this solves that problem.

As for two happy moods, did you accidentally add another happy mood on my site when I was talking about that old bug? :P

This is a logical answer if you did, if not then two happy mood is now a new mystery @_@

But if you did I was just referring to an old bug a few weeks ago that has already been taken care of.

Did you upload new happy mood on my site? :P

As for staying logged in issue I will do more tests on my side and if it keeps happening I will give you guys update as to new potential bug.

Thanks!

8 years 2 months ago
Licenses:

HI, Alex.

:) Then most mysteries are solved then?
No I didn't add any new icons... but probably they ware added by Dimas or Albertus.... as I don't recall issue you mentioned.
So probably someone else was supporting you at that particular issue?

- Instead of saying: 'it's not working', explain the problem in detail.
- Screenshots with the URL visible in them and the problem marked are more than welcome.
- Tell us how to replicate the problem, we can't fix it if we can't find it.
- Make sure that your site/server meets JomSocial System Requirements
- Make sure to setup JomSocial Cron Job
- Always provide us with access details to the backend and ftp. We need it to debug problems.
- If you have a similar problem, but a solution you found isn't working, open a new thread instead of 'merging' with an existing one.

- Use the "Thank You" feature on any post that helped you
Moderators: Piotr Garasiński