Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

Javascript ReferenceErrors

8 years 4 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired Socialize Expired

Since mid to late December, I am having issues with Jomsocial and Joomla compatibility. I understand Joomla updated their JQuery library and my guess is that it is in conflict with Jomsocials JQuery library, although I could be wrong.

I have reported this issue a few times recently, but the issue doesn't seem to replicate for Jomsocial tech support. I need to understand this. I have read several past posts from users experiencing similar issues since 2013, which is confusing to me, since my Jomsocial platform worked great for almost 11 months without incident until updating to Joomla 3.4.8 and Jomsocial 4.1.4.

I have debugged my platform and I have found these two ReferenceErrors:

1: <script type="text/javascript">joms.filters && joms.filters.bind();</script>

2. joms.onStart(function( $ ) {

Please take a look and determine if these issues are why my platform is not functioning as expected.

8 years 4 months ago
Licenses:

Hi,

which page got that error message? I cant find that kind error message.
latest joomla still using jQuery v1.11.3, jomsocial compatible with that version.

please try to using Protostar template. the issue could be from 3rd party template or extensions.

Regards

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński