Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

Community & profile pages double-loading?

8 years 5 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Cheryl
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

ISSUE SUMMARY: My apologies if this has already been reported. I recently updated to JS 4.1.1 and noticed that page load times on my main community and many (but not all) of my profile pages has increased significantly. Examining a waterfall from tools.pingdom.com, I noticed that the URL is being reloaded (and the initial connection wait time is being repeated) after the page has loaded on both of these pages.

I then tried running a waterfall on your demo sites and found that the same thing occurs on your main page ( demo.jomsocial.com/index.php ) and the profile page I tried as well ( demo.jomsocial.com/893-melisa-totman/profile.html ).

This is significantly increasing page load times throughout several community sections of my site, and I have not been able to figure out why they impact some profiles more than others. For some profiles, the page load time is slow enough that it isn't possible to scroll the profile on a mobile device. I have already tried disabling all profile plugins, disabling our Hello Me module from the sidebar and disabling various other modules on those pages but to no avail. I'm attaching screenshots of the test results.

I appreciate your help figuring out how to resolve the issue - thanks!

8 years 5 months ago
Licenses:

HI, Cheryl.

I assign developer to this thread.

- Instead of saying: 'it's not working', explain the problem in detail.
- Screenshots with the URL visible in them and the problem marked are more than welcome.
- Tell us how to replicate the problem, we can't fix it if we can't find it.
- Make sure that your site/server meets JomSocial System Requirements
- Make sure to setup JomSocial Cron Job
- Always provide us with access details to the backend and ftp. We need it to debug problems.
- If you have a similar problem, but a solution you found isn't working, open a new thread instead of 'merging' with an existing one.

- Use the "Thank You" feature on any post that helped you
8 years 5 months ago
  • Dimas
  • Visitor
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:

Hi Cheryl,

I suggest you install the 3rd party cache to boost your site, indeed we need to improve our query code, but we dont have time for this.. this is Joomla... the slow issue sometimes happens, not only on jomsocial but on anotehr component as well.. personally I admit :)

I suggest you manage your site with cache plugin :)

cheers!

8 years 5 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Cheryl
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Hi Dimas,

Thanks for your response - but a few things.

First, the issue I'm having happens ONLY on JomSocial community "home" and "profile" pages -- not on any other pages on my site, AND as I stated in my description of the problem, I see that it is happening on your demo site as well -- WHICH PRESUMABLY MEANS IT HAPPENS ON ALL CUSTOMER JOMSOCIAL INSTALLS! I also see that this does NOT happen on EasySocial sites -- just on JomSocial ones. The issue is not just that the code is slow to load but that the code is RE-initiating the original connection to the server, as you can see from the 'waterfalls' when you perform a site speed check on your own demo via tools.pingdom.com. Is there some configuration problem I've overlooked that would prevent this or is it a bug in all JomSocial sites? Given how critically important load times are to ALL web services today, I have a hard time imagining a more important bug to address and frankly, if that is not something your team plans to address then I will be forced to migrate my site to EasySocial.

Second, with respect to caching plugins, in the past I have had a difficult time getting caching plugins to "play nice" with JomSocial given the nature of dynamic, front-end content. Can you recommend one that does?

Thanks,
Cheryl

8 years 5 months ago
  • Dimas
  • Visitor
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:

Hi Cheryl,

Thank you for your input, indeed in the future we should improve our query.

You can use "JotCache" or "Cache Cleaner" extenstion, maybe it will be good for you :)

thank you!

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński