Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

JomSocial Messages/answers are not delivered

8 years 7 months ago
  • Dimas
  • Visitor
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:

Ehm weird, can you paste here the detail text of the message please? also I need the video screencast from you which how you can replicate it..

8 years 7 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Max
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired Socialize Expired

Hi Dimas,

what message do you mean? I translated JomSocial into German, so I guess these texts won't help that much.
The strange thing in this is, that with the email notification it says "XY hat Dir eine neue geschickt", which means "XY has send you a new". So the word message is missing and in that email there's no link to the dialogue in jomsocial.
Maybe it has to do with my translation or the template? What do you think?

8 years 7 months ago
  • Dimas
  • Visitor
Licenses:

ehm.. hard to me to track it.. since this is happens "sometimes", do you familiar with ajax debug with chrome dev tools or firefox? if you knew it, it will be very usefull to tracking this issue

8 years 3 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Max
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired Socialize Expired

Hi Dimas,

We still sometimes have the issue that messages in JomSocial between two profiles are not delivered.
Have you in the meantime discovered a similar issue with another client?
Is there a way to switch off smileys/emoticons in the messages? Could be, that this is causing the issue...

8 years 3 months ago
  • Dimas
  • Visitor
Licenses:

Hi Max,

You can disable the icon from Jomsocial configuration->site->Enable emoticons on activity stream.

I dont think this issue caused by it, maybe caused by the session already expired or by your connection. The proper way to know it is debug with chrome dev tools, and check the ajax response on each failed chat.

thank you

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński