Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

Registration Proccess + Grouping the users

8 years 8 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired iSEO Expired Socialize Expired

ISSUE SUMMARY:
1. During the registration proccess the user is asked to choose his profile type. How to disable profile type selection by the user during registration? At the moment (and for quite some time) I will be having just 1 profile type. It looks kind of ridiculous when I ask my users to pick one option when there is nothing else to pick but this one option. I would like to remove this step from the overall registration process, but I couldn't the way to do it in the settings of JomSocial.

2. Is this possible to group the users into meaningful categories? For instance, at the moment all users are grouped into basic categories like: newest, featured, popular, active, etc. I would like to be able to assign users into different categories and then display those users on my website. Is this possible to achieve that with the standard JomSocial functionality?

Generally, my idea is the following. I am having a social network for the participants of one beauty contest. Everyone can register on this website, but I would like to assign all contestants into separate category (let's say it will be called "contestants") and show all the members of this category on the separate page. I thought I can achieve that result with different profiles, but unfortunately, it is not possible to filter users based on their profile type.

STEPS TO REPLICATE:
1 Open home page
2 Open login/registration module
3 Click "Create new user"
4 Follow the steps

8 years 8 months ago
  • Dimas
  • Visitor
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:

Hi,

1. You can edit your Jomsocial configuration->site->change "Enable Multiple Profiles" to No

2. This is not possible, this is only can be done with multiprofile, so you should create different profile type if you wanna achive this on jomsocial system.

thank you

8 years 7 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired iSEO Expired Socialize Expired

Hi Dimas,

Regarding the first point. Is there any other way to remove "profile selection" step from the registration process? Is there a setting somewhere in the admin panel? Or where can you manage the registration proccess?

8 years 7 months ago
  • Dimas
  • Visitor
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:

Hi,

No, that is not possible if you use Jomsocial registration.. but it can be done if you use Joomla registration page.

I hope it will help

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński