Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

Moderating profiles is not easy.

8 years 10 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Gavin
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 9
Licenses:
JomSocial Active Socialize Expired

ISSUE SUMMARY:
Hello there. This is perhaps a feature request rather than a bug or technical problem.
1. Firstly admins are not easily able to edit a users album if they click the album from within that users profile. For example, to change a privacy setting, it is required that an admin needs to locate the album by using the option to view all the photos on the entire site and editing from there. That particular option doesn't seem to be available from editing the album in the user's own profile.

2. Admins are not easily able to find an option to edit any of a user's profile (other than the cover and avatar area), such as the 'about', 'country' and 'website' fields etc. Admittedly this can be done by delving deeper into the system, but this makes things very complicated and off-putting to admins that are not familiar with having to do this type of work.

If I'm missing something, please let me know, or if this is by design, then please consider this post to be a feature request
Thank you!

8 years 10 months ago
Licenses:

Hi Gavin,

I marked this topic as feature request.

1. for edit any user albums by using admin user, you must open that album first.
2. you can edit any users information detail from jomsocial backend > monitor > members.

Regards

8 years 10 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Gavin
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 9
Licenses:
JomSocial Active Socialize Expired

Hi there, thanks for that. I would like to set up so other admins cant access the backend by setting up a htaccess password. The people I have helping are good at social media, but they are unable to deal with things such as the backend in Joomla or even know what to do.
I think this is letting jomsocial down since recent updates are meant to be making it the best CMS platform, but it needs to be easily managed =)

8 years 10 months ago
Licenses:

Hi Gavin,

you can put some user voice at here:
uservoice.jomsocial.com/forums/101561-jo...ial-feature-requests

JomSocial is always looking for suggestions of how to improve.

This topic as feature request thx for the input.

Regards

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński