Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

Vimeo - Can't share Vimeo Videos

8 years 11 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active Socialize Expired

ISSUE SUMMARY:
So I can't shared Vimeo non-public videos on my stream. [More specifically videos that are hidden from Vimeo but can be embedded in my site.] I do this all the time in Guru and it works fine.

STEPS TO REPLICATE:
1 Watch Video in Misc Info Section to replicate.
RESULT
EXPECTED RESULT
BROWSER

8 years 11 months ago
Licenses:

Hi Jonathan,

Vimeo non-public video cannot access by non logged in user, right? for URL fetching, jomsocial only can for public page only.
may I know what the video URL?

Regards

8 years 11 months ago
Licenses:

OK, so "public" or "non-public" is the wrong term. I should have been more careful with my words. If you look at my first video I set the video to "Hide this video from Vimeo.com." This enables only my site to have access to the video. The idea is to make it available only through my site and Guru handles this just find. Please watch the Video2, (which i just added in the misc info section), where I showcase Guru handling this URL but Jomsocial not handling it correctly. iJoomla recommends Vimeo for videos so it'd be great if you could fix this.

8 years 11 months ago
Licenses:

Hi Jonathan,

when I opened this video:
vimeo.com/120699961

I got this page:

thats why cannot share.

Regards

Attachments:
8 years 11 months ago
Licenses:

Of course, please watch the videos and read my notes! I feel like you're not spending the time to understand the problem. The same URL you're clicking on works w/ Guru but not Jomsocial, should be 100% visible through my site.

8 years 11 months ago
Licenses:

Hi, Jonathan.

Video fetching on activity stream works like a spider/crawler/web robot - it can "see" only what a public user could see. If you hide your video from vime.com then public user (thus crawler) can't see it. Posting video URl on stream is not embedding. Video posted that doesn't use embed code. In Guru other method is used and videos are embed - not processed and displayed as HTML5 videos.

- Instead of saying: 'it's not working', explain the problem in detail.
- Screenshots with the URL visible in them and the problem marked are more than welcome.
- Tell us how to replicate the problem, we can't fix it if we can't find it.
- Make sure that your site/server meets JomSocial System Requirements
- Make sure to setup JomSocial Cron Job
- Always provide us with access details to the backend and ftp. We need it to debug problems.
- If you have a similar problem, but a solution you found isn't working, open a new thread instead of 'merging' with an existing one.

- Use the "Thank You" feature on any post that helped you
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jonathan
8 years 11 months ago
Licenses:

Does the web crawler have an associated domain. That way I could approve the web crawler domain?

8 years 11 months ago
Licenses:

Or is it's my site that crawls the public pages for the associated metadata to pull it into the stream?

8 years 11 months ago
Licenses:

Hi, Jonathan.

It uses your domain, but setting certain domain allowance may have no use as I said:

Posting video URL on stream is not embedding

- Instead of saying: 'it's not working', explain the problem in detail.
- Screenshots with the URL visible in them and the problem marked are more than welcome.
- Tell us how to replicate the problem, we can't fix it if we can't find it.
- Make sure that your site/server meets JomSocial System Requirements
- Make sure to setup JomSocial Cron Job
- Always provide us with access details to the backend and ftp. We need it to debug problems.
- If you have a similar problem, but a solution you found isn't working, open a new thread instead of 'merging' with an existing one.

- Use the "Thank You" feature on any post that helped you
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jonathan
Moderators: Piotr Garasiński