Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

Profile/Wall/Search/Editor questions

9 years 5 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired Socialize Expired

Hi

JomSocial is great, however I have a few questions:

Quick search: Can only search for profile names. If I want users to be able to search for any content in JomSocial, do I need to buy an additional search component?

Wall: Is is possible to configurate globally that certain actions should not be shown on wall or front page activities? E.g change of cover photo etc. I do not seem to be able to set this up.

Text area editor: For events description there is a great editor - How come this editor is not available for TEXTAREA fields on the profile?

Multiple profiles: When using Multiple Profiles, it is not possible to search for specific profile types in advanced search. Can this be solved?

Thanks

Regards
Peter

9 years 5 months ago
  • Dimas Tekad Santosa
  • Visitor
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:

Hi Peter,

#1 quick search : You should install the 3rd party, please try this www.jomsocial.com/addons/core-enhancemen...r-js-custom-profiles I hope it will help

#2 Wall : You can set it in user points configuration in backend, that setting also can be configuring for stream item as well

#3 Textarea : I am sorry this is impossible right now :(

#4 Multiple Profile : This feature is not possible too, you should hack the code to achive this

thank you

9 years 5 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired Socialize Expired

Hi Dimas

#1 quick search: I have now bought and installed the recommended search plugin. Is it possible to let it overrule quick search rather than just Joomla Search? I would prefer to have just one search field and still keep easy access to advanced search from front page.

Also this search component does not get any match if you enter searchwords from two different searchfields even though they can match the same profile when performed individually. Eg Aarhus terapi gets no hits even though two separate searches gets hits on same profile.

Is this the best search component available? In this case I hope there will be improvement soon.

#2, #3, #4 Ok - Thanks

Regards
Peter

9 years 5 months ago
  • Dimas Tekad Santosa
  • Visitor
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:

Hi Peter,

I suggest you contact that www.nobbis.net directory..

Anyway, if you want this global search be implemented to jomsocial, please you post your idea to our user voice.

thank you

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński