Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

Profile Url aer messing up

9 years 5 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Alex
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

haha ok so this is really weired, some of my users are getting really pissed of beacuse their profile URL's are getting changed some how by some thing or by some one.

for example:
www.technet-21.org/network/profile/2038:dutchlady12345
yesturday was:
www.technet-21.org/network/profile/2038-patrick

Lol, the users are Scientist and work for the World Health org, they don't know what or how to change their profile URLS (none of them have been even know there is a place to changed things, any how. What can i do or what script can i use to sync the database profile alias with the username or at least get rid of what is behind the User_ ID something is messing up the databse and i can't understand what it is.

any ideas?

Best

9 years 5 months ago
Licenses:

Hi, Alex.

That's funny indeed :)
No one has changed profile URL and valid URL for that profile is: www.technet-21.org/network/profile/2038-patrick (as generated in content).

You just may use user ID and add something to it to create a kind of fake URL and it will link to valid user :)

For example:

www.technet-21.org/network/profile/2038-i-rule-here
www.technet-21.org/network/profile/2038-no-i-rule-here
www.technet-21.org/network/profile/2038:...re-wrong-i-rule-here

All above fake urls lead to the same user and profile still have one valid URL used anywhere in content.

This also works for some domains - any fake subdomain will lead to main site under main domain e.g:

mambojambo.prolusatia.pl/
prolusatia.pl/
ura-bura-krol-podwora.prolusatia.pl/

All the same site :)

So there is nothing to worry about... unless this fake URL is displayed anywhere in content generated by JomSocial... is it? :)

- Instead of saying: 'it's not working', explain the problem in detail.
- Screenshots with the URL visible in them and the problem marked are more than welcome.
- Tell us how to replicate the problem, we can't fix it if we can't find it.
- Make sure that your site/server meets JomSocial System Requirements
- Make sure to setup JomSocial Cron Job
- Always provide us with access details to the backend and ftp. We need it to debug problems.
- If you have a similar problem, but a solution you found isn't working, open a new thread instead of 'merging' with an existing one.

- Use the "Thank You" feature on any post that helped you
9 years 5 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Alex
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Its not a serious matter for me, but the problem is the client is extreammly serious about it and they don't like it at all, i need to find a way to wite ascript that will remove all the aliases that have been created or have been changed.

even if we don't think its a matter, people are branding them selves and if for example they click share the link has their alias in it, so it causing problems.

any ideas?

best

9 years 5 months ago
Licenses:

Hi, Alex.

But where on your site I can see content with that fake alias?

- Screenshots with the URL visible in them and the problem marked are more than welcome.
- Always provide us with access details to the backend and ftp. We need it to debug problems.
- If you have a similar problem, but a solution you found isn't working, open a new thread instead of 'merging' with an existing one.

9 years 5 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Alex
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Quick reply:
for example:
technet-21.org/network/profile/2988-jordi-balleste
should be Jan -- don't know who the hell Jordi is.

9 years 5 months ago
Licenses:

Hi, Alex.

But on stream (click on avatar) it is: technet-21.org/network/profile/2988-jan
Where did you get this URL?

I asked you in my previous post to point me directly where I can find fake URL IN CONTENT e.g on stream linked to profile avatar or any activity. Not in content of other user - I mean text typed in to activity by other user as this is user made. Some user could be aware that fake URL could be used and they may post them in their content... but I'm asking about content GENERATED by JomSocial.

9 years 5 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Alex
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Seems client had the user change his profile URL. any how here is a couple

technet-21.org/network/profile/2111-eesbermd
technet-21.org/network/profile/1883-sthomas

9 years 5 months ago
Licenses:

Hi, Alex.

So if user changed it intentionally then i's not an issue as they can change it back, right?

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński