Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

block privacy and custom fields in editprofile

9 years 7 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Hi,
I need to solve 2 problems:
1) How do I restrict Jomsocial users from any privacy settings on their accounts? I want to get rid of all privacy settings on custom fields page when they register as well as in their edit profile pages. So only admin can decide what to show (I'm using JS Profile Pro extension which let me do this trick but it doesnt override edit profile page and privacy settings are still there).

2) On the Account information page of Edit profile I see that ALL custom fields are listed there, not only those I have assigned with the current profile (I use multiple profiles)

9 years 7 months ago
Licenses:

Hi, Thiago.

1. Copy file:

ROOT/components/com_community/templates/default/profile.edit.php

to:

ROOT/templates/your-template/html/com_community (if you don't have "html" or "com_community" folders, feel free to create them)

Edit it and delete this code (about line 66:

<div class="form-privacy">
<?php echo CPrivacy::getHTML( 'privacy' . $f->id , $f->access ); ?>
</div>

Do the same for (about line 44):

ROOT/components/com_community/templates/default/register.profile.php

And look for the same code.

This hack will remove privacy dropdowns.

2. It's because profile you edit is assigned to "Default Profile". This is default profile used in JomSocial and every user is assigned to it before you create multiprofiles. Assign user to any of multiprofiles and profile will display only multiprofile fields.

Please, read this thread, I explained "Default profile" there:
www.jomsocial.com/forum/profile-universa...ser-multiple-profile

- Instead of saying: 'it's not working', explain the problem in detail.
- Screenshots with the URL visible in them and the problem marked are more than welcome.
- Tell us how to replicate the problem, we can't fix it if we can't find it.
- Make sure that your site/server meets JomSocial System Requirements
- Make sure to setup JomSocial Cron Job
- Always provide us with access details to the backend and ftp. We need it to debug problems.
- If you have a similar problem, but a solution you found isn't working, open a new thread instead of 'merging' with an existing one.

- Use the "Thank You" feature on any post that helped you
9 years 7 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Hi.
1) done.
2) I think you misunderstood me. Let me explain. I registered as a test user on one of my 4 multiple profiles ('coach'). All the custom fields assigned to the current 'coach' profile were listed correctly. Then I signed in and on edit profile page I see that ALL of the existing custom fields for each profiles are available there as well. I can see the same in the users profile from the backend (monitor > members). See the screenshots I have attached. The topic you have mentioned above I think has a bit different issue and there is no solution anyway. So it more looks like a bug.

Please, note that I have an error with user activation. I pointed it in another topic here www.jomsocial.com/forum/profile-universa...2-login-denied-error
So maybe this is another conflict since of a latest version of joomla 3.3.6 ?

I have two more issues (let me keep it here so I dont create new topics)
3) How do I add surname filed under name field on first registration page?
4) Maybe its a wrong place for this question but I cant change my email on jomsocial.com. Once I out a new one and press save, it says saved but nothing changed.

Attachments:
9 years 7 months ago
Licenses:

Hi, Thiago.

Ok, I understand now. The issue is:

Multiprofiles are not applied to user accounts. Event if user choose multiprofile from list during registration he/she ends up with Default profile assigned. In addition when trying to change profile in backend changes are not applied.

I assign developer to this thread.

As for your further questions:

1. You can't do that without core files to hack. First page of registration are Joomla! mandatory fields. You may try to enable user profile plugin in Joomla! but never tried this with JomSocial on board.

2. Open thread regarding this issue in Billing Issues section of forum: www.jomsocial.com/forum/billing-issues

- Instead of saying: 'it's not working', explain the problem in detail.
- Screenshots with the URL visible in them and the problem marked are more than welcome.
- Tell us how to replicate the problem, we can't fix it if we can't find it.
- Make sure that your site/server meets JomSocial System Requirements
- Make sure to setup JomSocial Cron Job
- Always provide us with access details to the backend and ftp. We need it to debug problems.
- If you have a similar problem, but a solution you found isn't working, open a new thread instead of 'merging' with an existing one.

- Use the "Thank You" feature on any post that helped you
9 years 7 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Hi,
I have fixed this bug. The problem was with 'System - FaLang Database Driver' plugin. I have FaLang multilangual component and with this plugin it adds Database Driver override necessary to translate languages (as it says in the description). So when I got email with activation link and pressed it, something gone wrong (I assume a conflict inside database with this driver) and it did not activate the new user and as a result did not assign it to the right category so thats why I had all these problems above.

Maybe thats solvable with using multilingual settings in jomsocial... but now everything works fine

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński