Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

receiving emails when received a private message.

9 years 4 months ago
    Topic Author
  • lafemme
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 9
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

they are still in the mail que on pending status :(

9 years 4 months ago
    Topic Author
  • lafemme
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

can someone help with this one please asap? The streamline page is now just messy and i really need the mails to be deleted and working properly... thank you

9 years 4 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active GURU Active Publisher Active AdAgency Active iSEO Active Socialize Active

Hello Lafemme

I have enabled the "Cron job on page load" at your site JomSocial Backend -> Configuration -> Site -> Send Email on Page Load and now your email queue is slowly being emptied. In a course of few hours it should reach 0
That simply means means your cron job is probably not even set on the server.
Please refer to this article to understand why cron job is needed, and how to set it up documentation.jomsocial.com/wiki/Setting_Up_Cron_Job
I suggest you to disable above mentioned option for cron job on page load after you set up the server side cron job.
If you have problems setting the cron job, kindly contact the hosting provider and supply them with linked documentation

Also, you can delete all queued messages from JomSocial Backend -> Monitor ->Mail Queue

And finally, the last but not the least issue with streamline (i'll assume you refer to activity stream) for me is just fine.
Can you do the following:

1. Provide exact steps to replicate the issue
2. Provide direct link to "messed-up" page
3. Try with default JomSocial template (as we surely will)

- Don't say feature not working. Instead, explain what you tried and what was the outcome.
- When you think you found the bug, try to replicate it on a fresh Joomla.
- When looking for support always provide temporary Super Administrative access to your site. We will ask for it anyway.
- Help yourself and read documentation which can give you answers to almost all questions you may have
9 years 4 months ago
    Topic Author
  • lafemme
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

HI Sinisa,

Thank you very much for your reply. Now all mails have been send indeed... and members where like *wow.. thank for the 500 mails* lol. But atleast its working now :D

I will ask for the cronjob... that should not be a problem.

As for the frontpage... it seems to be normal again. Maybe there was a post that the timeline could not handle very well or something? I dont know. Thank you for your time :D

9 years 4 months ago
    Topic Author
  • lafemme
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

yep.... if you look at the homepage right now... you see the right column again down :(

9 years 4 months ago
    Topic Author
  • lafemme
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Oke... your advice for the database.... it just emptied all the inbox mails from personal messages....My members are not amused :-/
How could this happen???

9 years 4 months ago
Licenses:

Hi lafemme,

frontpage issue about right column not related with message table. the messages/mails queue issue has been fixed. seem there is missing closing <div> in some where (template, modules, or else)
please open new topic for that. that other issue not relevant with this topic.

Regards,
Albert

The following user(s) said Thank You: lafemme
9 years 3 months ago
    Topic Author
  • lafemme
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Dear Albert,

Thank you very much for your help. We have done some research and it seemed to be the feed from EasyDiscuss. I have made the settings in a way that with a reply in ED... you only see title. When you see some of the content, then this behavior shows up. I will ask them what to do.

Big Thanks anyway for all your help. :D

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński