Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

Putting a table in the account setup

9 years 9 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Andrew
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

I would like to allow users while creating there account to fill in a table with a roster of their high school or college sports team. When I go into the multiple profiles section I do not see a table option for member to be able to fill out this table themselves so it will display in the about me section.

For example, I want the roster to include the player name, number, and position so it would look kind of like this:

Player Name Number Position
"name" 12 Point guard
"name" 2 Center

And so on....

If they play more than one sport then I would like to have some kind of radio button to add another table so they can add their other sport's roster.

Is there anyway of coding this so it will be in the account setup?

9 years 9 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Andrew
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

The table is supposed to be spaced out but the player name goes with "name", Number goes with the number, and the position goes with the position name

9 years 9 months ago
Licenses:

Hi, Andrew.

No, you can't create tables as part of form. Not in this case. Form is created as a list. So you yourself need to figure out how to represent those things in form of list.

Also, it's impossible to add a kind of active form so when clicking on a button new set of fields will be generated.

But you may try to achieve it with professional developer help: www.jomsocial.com/jomsocial-developers

- Instead of saying: 'it's not working', explain the problem in detail.
- Screenshots with the URL visible in them and the problem marked are more than welcome.
- Tell us how to replicate the problem, we can't fix it if we can't find it.
- Make sure that your site/server meets JomSocial System Requirements
- Make sure to setup JomSocial Cron Job
- Always provide us with access details to the backend and ftp. We need it to debug problems.
- If you have a similar problem, but a solution you found isn't working, open a new thread instead of 'merging' with an existing one.

- Use the "Thank You" feature on any post that helped you
Moderators: Piotr Garasiński