Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

9 years 10 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Steve
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Hi

Joomla 3.3
Jomsocial: Version: 3.2.0.5

The only avatar showing is the male avatar. The female members have a male avatar.

There is a gender field in the profile and there are both male and female members.

Thank you
Steve

9 years 10 months ago
Licenses:

Hi, Steve.

Make sure that you used gender field type and not select type.

Also please notice that we can't support localhost issues as we can't review them:

You have installed Jomsocial on a localhost or a non commercial hosting service

www.jomsocial.com/support

So in order to receive support please upload your system on server.

- Instead of saying: 'it's not working', explain the problem in detail.
- Screenshots with the URL visible in them and the problem marked are more than welcome.
- Tell us how to replicate the problem, we can't fix it if we can't find it.
- Make sure that your site/server meets JomSocial System Requirements
- Make sure to setup JomSocial Cron Job
- Always provide us with access details to the backend and ftp. We need it to debug problems.
- If you have a similar problem, but a solution you found isn't working, open a new thread instead of 'merging' with an existing one.

- Use the "Thank You" feature on any post that helped you
9 years 10 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Steve
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Hi

Yes the field is Gender not a select I have attached screenshots.

The site is theaspirationinitiative.com.au/community it is a government indigenous site.

Thank you
Steve

Attachments:
9 years 10 months ago
Licenses:

Hi, Steve.

Well, we can't help you since your site is at localhost.
Please, upload in to server in order to receive support.

- Screenshots with the URL visible in them and the problem marked are more than welcome.
- Always provide us with access details to the backend and ftp. We need it to debug problems.
- If you have a similar problem, but a solution you found isn't working, open a new thread instead of 'merging' with an existing one.

9 years 10 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Steve
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Hi

It is on the server http://theaspirationinitiative.com.au/

Thank you
Steve

9 years 10 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Steve
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Hi

OK I have done some investigation and found a thread that talks about an error in the database table.

I have attached a screenshot. of the table.

Is this the problem?

Also in the Administrator/Members area the avatar to the left of each member is not displaying I have added a screenshot and I have also added a screenshot of why it is not showing as the path in the view source is looking in the:
www.website.com/administrator/components.../user-Male-thumb.png

There is no templates folder in the administration area! Not only not the right path but looking for user-Male-thumb.png when the member is female.

Steve

Attachments:
9 years 10 months ago
Licenses:

Hi, Steve.

I'm sorry, you entered localhost as supported domain.
So I was mislead :)
Ok, then:

1. Open new thread in Billing Issues section www.jomsocial.com/forum/billing-issues and request supported domain change (as you can't do it yourself). As a reason write that when you bought subscription you had no domain yet.

2. Edit your first post and provide backend access, FTP and PHPmyAdmin credentials. I'll take a look.

9 years 9 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Steve
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Hi

I found the cause of the avatars not showing the gender correctly.

I had used the "gender" field type and in the field code I had used "gender" once I changed that field code to "FIELD_GENDER" the avatars displayed correctly.

Earlier in this post I attached a screenshot of the "Edit field screen" which showed I had used the string "gender" in the field code yet nothing was mentioned that the field had to be of a specific string otherwise it would not work, I have wasted a lot of time trying to sort this out.

There is nowhere I could find in the documentation about using a specific field code string all it says is that it must be unique. Obviously the gender field code does not work correctly without using the specific field code.

Are there any other fields like that that will not work unless you give them a specific field code.

Thank you
Steve

9 years 9 months ago
Licenses:

Hi, Steve.

As far I know ALL fields should use capitals in their name without any special characters except _.

9 years 9 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Steve
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Hi Michal

Half of the other custom fields I have used have lowercase and it does not seem to make any difference.

The only one so far that has broken the system is the gender field. If you change the field code for gender in the edit pop and put something other than FIELD_GENDER it is not updating the database entry with the new value in other words the field value stays at FIELD_GENDER.

If I change some other field to lowercase that is reflected in the database entry.

Steve

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński