Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

Login Redirect to Same Page

10 years 3 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Kane
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Yes this topic has been brought up numerous times.
Yes it has ranked high in the feature requests.

But we still don't have the basic feature of being able to stay on the same page after logging in which REALLY destroys the flow of a site. (ie, get notification on topic subscribed to, click link and visit corresponding page, login to participate, get sent to main page or what ever page is set to be sent to and then have to go digging to find where the page is that you want to participate in... very annoying and potential barrier to site activity)

I did a search for this topic and last post was this
www.jomsocial.com/forum/modules-plugins-...ct-after-login#62756

As you can see, the posters question was not addressed (at least anywhere that I could find) and topic was locked after 2 weeks (hmmmm).

I would like to know what files to "hack" and what code needs to be added or removed. I would also like the option added as a feature to remain on the same page so that hacks don't get over-ridden with updates.

Need it be said that this is a basic feature of just about every site that I have ever visited that requires login.

10 years 3 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active GURU Active Publisher Active AdAgency Active iSEO Active Socialize Active

Hello Kane

Thank You for your insights, its really appreciated, however, you need to be aware that "basic" feature for you, might be completely irrelevant for someone else.

However, the "hack" is pretty much simple. You just need to identify the login form that is used for login and remove the redirection. And yes, it can be done with template overrides, however, it would be practically impossible for us to give you any hint how to do that if we dont know what is the login form you refer to. Therefore, please post a screenshot of the login form and ill show you how to do it.

- Don't say feature not working. Instead, explain what you tried and what was the outcome.
- When you think you found the bug, try to replicate it on a fresh Joomla.
- When looking for support always provide temporary Super Administrative access to your site. We will ask for it anyway.
- Help yourself and read documentation which can give you answers to almost all questions you may have
10 years 3 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Kane
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Hi Sinisa,

Thanks for the reply and your willingness to help. I think we can agree that it is pretty much a standard for social sites today that a person remains on the same page after logging in so they can continue with the conversation they were viewing. Of, course there are always exceptions.

I am using Jomsocial's facebook connect which is why I am posting here. I have included a screenshot of the menu login item.

Attachment Jomsocial-Connect-Form.jpg not found

Attachments:
10 years 3 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active GURU Active Publisher Active AdAgency Active iSEO Active Socialize Active

Hello Kane

I presume this is a hellome module therefore please open this file
ROOT/modules/mod_hellome/tmpl/default.php and find this code on line 78

$uri = CRoute::_('index.php?option=com_community', false);
Change it with
$uri = JURI::current();
Do the same change on line 186, replace
$uri = CRoute::_('index.php?option=com_community&view=' . $config->get('redirect_login'), false);
with
$uri = JURI::current();

basically, like this, you can alter any login/logout form

- Don't say feature not working. Instead, explain what you tried and what was the outcome.
- When you think you found the bug, try to replicate it on a fresh Joomla.
- When looking for support always provide temporary Super Administrative access to your site. We will ask for it anyway.
- Help yourself and read documentation which can give you answers to almost all questions you may have
Moderators: Piotr Garasiński