Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

New users cannot register!

10 years 3 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Ark
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

I was emailed that a new use was unable to register so I checked myself. When I click the register button I am brought back to the log-in screen with a message in a blue box; 'Please log-in first'

I read this other post linked below with the same issue and unlike the advice given to that client none of my "registration menu items have "privacy" set to register" and my main Jomsocial item is not set to registered as implied by this fix sent to that same client; "main JomSocial item privacy registered"
www.jomsocial.com/forum/profile-universa...can-t-register#66019

We are using the latest Joomla and the latest Jomsocial and I was only a few days ago able to upgrade all of it after constant registration problems with our initial Joomla 3.2 upgrade.
Please help very soon. Our site is for survivors of all forms of abuse and so many have grown weary due to old registration problems.

10 years 3 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Ark
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

I found the issue which will probably help the other user from France. A log-in / Register link in or main menu was directed to use normal Joomla registration instead of the fairly well menu selection item for Jomsocial Registration. (This was all the way at the bottom of the Jomsocial menu item selection list and I had never seen it before).

The other user that was having the same issue can be accessed on this link; www.jomsocial.com/forum/profile-universa...can-t-register#66019

10 years 3 months ago
  • Chris
  • Visitor
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:

Great, I'm glad that you managed to solve it by yourself, anyway since the problem is resolved then let me close and mark this thread as solved , have a great day! and if you need our further help, please feel free to create a new thread.

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński