Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

Rotate Profile Photo After Upload

10 years 3 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Tracy
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

During testing of our site, which is set to launch shortly, I noticed a major flaw. When users upload a profile photo they are not given the option to rotate the photo during the cropping process. For desktop users this isn't an issue but mobile users have the need to rotate the photo 90 degrees, especially iPhone users. This is a very poor member experience for any social site.

I know that this has been submitted as a request for future enhancement but I'm hoping that there is a fix already or workaround. Please advise.

10 years 3 months ago
  • Chris
  • Visitor
Licenses:

Hi Tracy.

Unfortunately there's still no way to achieve thiss without code hacks, so you'll need some professional php developer for this task, or maybe our developers will consider this as future improvment.

10 years 3 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Tracy
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Chris,

This has been submitted as a request but I hope you can escalate the priority to correct this oversight in design. I'm sure you will agree that the most basic feature of a social network is the ability to upload a profile photo and position and crop it appropriately.

Tracy

10 years 3 months ago
  • Chris
  • Visitor
Licenses:

Hi Tracy.

Well I can't promise anything at this moment, we'll see if our developers will decide to implement this into next version.

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński