Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated

Server requirement for large user base

6 years 6 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active Socialize Expired

Hi, I have a question about what type of server will I need running JomSocial on my website with 50,000 users? Can anyone give me an idea about which server or hosting package will accommodate btween 50,000 and 100,000 users? I appreciate any input you can give me about this.
Respectfully,
James Hilton

6 years 6 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

I suppose it depens on how much users ONLINE at the moment (not by total member count).

Sorry for my English
The following user(s) said Thank You: james hilton
6 years 6 months ago
Licenses:

Do you know how many users can be online at the same time? I already have JomSocial but I am afraid to launch the site until I know these things. I am fully expecting to have more than 50,000 users in the first month.
Don't worry about your English I am an English teacher and the sentence structure of your reply was perfect and there was only one mistake which I believe was a typo in the word depends.
Thank you SleepyMan for your time, really
Respectfully,
James Hilton

6 years 6 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

james hilton wrote: Do you know how many users can be online at the same time?

It depends on the popularity of your website. Joomla doesn't has any limit for it. May be you should start from cheep hosting and improve it later (may be to VDS) if it will be need.
I use VDS with:
  • 8 cores CPU
  • 4 GB RAM
  • 50 GB Disk SSD - I don't upload videos (use only Linked videos)
for small group of websites. JomSocial's website get 3500-4000 users per day. This is about 50-70 visitors online (not all of them are registered users).
And CPU is loaded on 20-75% during the day. RAM is loaded on 55-65%.

Also please check: JomSocial 4.4 System Requirements documentation.jomsocial.com/wiki/JomSoci..._System_Requirements

Sorry for my English
The following user(s) said Thank You: james hilton
6 years 6 months ago
Licenses:

Thank you again so much and for the quick reply, I really really appreciate this. Okay so JomSocial can support as many users as my server will allow as long as the parameters are correct on the server and my hosting
This is the package I am going to upgrade to:
8 GB RAM
4 Cores CPU
240 GB Disk Space
3 TB Bandwidth
Do you think this will do the job for 50,000 users? This is VPS and I will upgrade to two dedicated servers after 3 months
Again thank you for your assistance and your time as I don't want a potentially popular website to fail due to a technical mistake on my part.

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński