Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated

Twitter Functionality

7 years 3 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Boli
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:

I have been reviewing Jomsocial for about three days based on my requirements. So far, it seems to function more like Facebook than Twitter.
What will it take to let it look and function more like Twitter? Is there any template that can take me there faster?

7 years 3 months ago
  • Dimas
  • Visitor
Licenses:

Hi Boli,

Thank you for contacting us.. Yes you right Jomsocial more like FB the twitter, twitter is different sytsem and behavior :)

If you wanna like twitter you need to remove some core functions, and you need hack it.. regarding template we recommended you to use socialize socialize.jomsocial.com/ , because that template is designed for jomsocial.

thank you

Best Regards
Dimas

6 years 10 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active iSEO Expired Socialize Expired

I've been tasked to create Twitter & Facebook look-alike websites on a closed, internal network for training purposes and while Socialize mimics Facebook quite well out of the box, you are right that it would take some "hacking" to make it look like Twitter, but what about function? And how difficult?

How much "hacking" would be involved? Is this something for a professional coder? or could someone like me, with next to know coding knowledge, figure out how to get Socialize to look and function like Twitter?

6 years 10 months ago
  • Dimas
  • Visitor
Licenses:

Hi,

You need hire professional developer to achive this, please you find them from upwork.com :)

cheers!

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński